Depo Provera? Any ladies been on it and had trouble after?

kred84

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I know i'm kinda posting in the wrong section as such, but i wondered if any of you are in this section due to coming off the depo?

I had 3 doses of it and finishes on the 7th mar this year. I am ovulating but having no periods as such.

Just wondered how long is has taken for any of you to regain some normality to your cycles?

Thanks ladies

Fx to you all!

:dust:

xxx

Hiya,

I would like to know other peoples experiences aswell. I had 2 injections but i started bleeding before i was due to get my third, i bled for over a month and now nothing since. It drives me mad to have no idea what my body is doing

Last edited:
Hi, I was on the depo injection for probably about 10 years. I came off it in June 2010. I got my first cycle at the of Dec 2010. I had a regular cycle from then on. I fell pregnant at the beginning of May this year and am currently 16 weeks PG.

I did quite a lot of reading at the time which seems to indicate that it can take sometime for the cycle to settle down. Also read that for some people it can take 18 months to 2 years to get PG. Obviously this scared the begesus out of me because I am an old bird (38). However I think everyone is different so really you just have to wait and see what your body does.

I did a lot of stuff to figure out my cycle (mainly because it was so long since I'd had one) and help things along. So I was using AC, temping, OPKs and Preseed.

It just confused me a bit cos i thought my cycles were back to normal. I have ovulated cos i got pg in mar-2 wks after depo but it didnt stick.

As i never had a period i had an ultrasound in june and it showed me ov'ing then and i had a 1 day af in june, on the dates i was pre depo.

This month has been a 37 day cycle and i don't appear to have ov'd.

I have been reading up and i'm not sure whether its lack of estrogen or progesterone that causes no af??

It's all to confusing!

Congrats on the first time BFP btw :)

xxx

It just confused me a bit cos i thought my cycles were back to normal. I have ovulated cos i got pg in mar-2 wks after depo but it didnt stick.

As i never had a period i had an ultrasound in june and it showed me ov'ing then and i had a 1 day af in june, on the dates i was pre depo.

This month has been a 37 day cycle and i don't appear to have ov'd.

I have been reading up and i'm not sure whether its lack of estrogen or progesterone that causes no af??

It's all to confusing!

Congrats on the first time BFP btw :)

xxx

The Depo Jab is a progesterone only contraception, if that helps, it made my skin really rubbish (bit like a teanage lad!!) so I came off it after 4 jabs. It took me 10 months to fall pregnant when trying after. Think once you get your periods back it's a big start, then maybee its just trying to work out when your ovulating to give a rough idea when to bed, maybee doing it every other day throughout the month may be more reliable

good luck hun

Thanks hun!

Although i have to say, my skin was amazing on depo, only now i'm off it it's gone crap!!!

xxx

I was on depo for about 7 years and it took me a year to get my af back. It was regular after the year. I also got pregnant and it didn't stick. Since my mc in Feb I had 3 months of spotting then Ive had nothing since 9th May. I have had my bloods taken and Im loe in estrogen. I find this interesting and it made me think of the depo as it is a prosetrogen only birth control. It in facts reduces your estrogen levels.Not sure that the depo has any effect on it but have thought its a possibility!

I wondered if that's what the prob was. But, estrogen helps you ovulate and the progesterone helps build up the uterine lining.

So, am i right in thinking then, that if i've ov'd my estrogen must be ok, but it's a lack in progesterone meaning that my lining isn't sufficiently building up enough to have period?

God damn dep provera!! Never again!

xxx

I was on it for 8 years and I got my period back after 6 months and i was regular after that. I got my first BFP 12 months after that but sadly I had a MC at 6 weeks. I got another BFP but MC again at 5 weeks. Im not sure whether being on the Depo had anything to do with it but it seems to have worked for Ninjakitty so it will be ok for us.

Good Luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back