• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dentist tomorrow - eeeek!!

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I am having a filling removed so it's def going to involve local anesthetic and a fair bit of drilling!

Dentist has said it is perfectly safe for baby, I hope the poor little thing doesn't sense my fear. I felt bub proper move for the first time when I was waiting in the surgery for my emergency appointment 10 days ago :shock:

I need to find out why the tooth keeps getting infected and I know I just need to be brave and have the filling taken out - but I am bricking it.

Roll on 9.30am tomorrow when it will hopefully all be done - although this is just the start of my treatment... I will most likely need a root canal or extraction after bub arrives!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Eek! That does not sound fun! Try to stay relaxed, hope it goes well! Good luck!

I am awful with dentists! Hope its not too bad for you xx

OMG rather you than me! I hate dentists!! :-(

Good luck :) I hate the dentist so I do sympathise with you, be brave :hugs:

Good luck hun, hope they get you sorted. I had my tooth out last week and it didnt heal properly and ive been in agony, got something called a Dry Socket! its starting to feel better now though.

Im sure you will be fine xxx

Oh no poor thing I hate the dentist too. Good luck I hope it's not too bad for you! xx

Thanks ladies,

Well I was a big brave girl and I am all sorted.

Old filling was removed and some decay taken out but I didn't need root canal - yay!

I also have a lovely new white filling!

I am still very numb and mentally drained but hopefully I have finally sorted out that bloody tooth

xxxxxxxxx

So glad you got that sorted!! Just a slight warning, but all should be fine.. White fillings can be sensitive initially but will settle, so don't panic! Glad you didn't need root canal though! That should be the end of your nasty toothache now!

Well done , my god your so brave i'd go through a 100 births to avoid a dentist and a drill really I'm that scared . So glad it's all sorted for you now . xx

So glad you got that sorted!! Just a slight warning, but all should be fine.. White fillings can be sensitive initially but will settle, so don't panic! Glad you didn't need root canal though! That should be the end of your nasty toothache now!

The dentist did tell me that I could expect to be sore for a few days - but thanks for the heads up!

xxxxxxxxxx

Glad you got it sorted hun!

My LO went mental when the drill went on ... much like its mammy!

Yay to no root canal! :yay:

I'm finding its taking a while to settle, I'm not in pain anymore, but I still can't bite down on the tooth

So pleased it went well and you didnt need the root canal. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back