Definetley too young for solids, help!

v11kae

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Alex has been sleeping through from 9.30/10pm till 6am since about a week old. For the past few days he is waking up earlier and earlier and then last night he woke up at 2.30 am and again at 6am for feeds. He feeds ok and then goes instantly back to sleep again.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to resolve it as I know he is surely too young to start any sort of solids.

I should mention I am breastfeeding and that he always fed every 2 hours through the day which i didnt mind as he slept right through.

it might be a growth spurt. eva did that and the HV said it happens now and then when they are going to grow. Hope it settles down soon!!

Growth spurt - he'll settle down again soon :D
I know it's hard work though, feels like they are permantly attached. Ella went through an excellent stage of sleeping through, then started waking again - went back to sleeping through and for the past couple of nights has gone from 7-7.30pm to 4.30am, then back down for about another 4 hours.

www.kellymom.com has some good info on growth spurts :)

Why don't you try just making up one bottle of formula before alex goes to bed and see if that helps he might not be getting full enough from your milk

Sounds like a growth spurt to me. It should settle down again soon. I personally would hold off with any supplemental feeding if you can as this will interfere with the supply and demand of your milk. The night time feed is an important one for babies so it is normal for them to start waking during the night, Seren slept through from 3 weeks but now wakes up at 2am-ish for a feed. She goes back to sleep straight after though.

thankgs guys,

Was advsied to try the last formula feed also but I only want to breastfeed. I know he is getting enough as he eats till he is nothing other than absolutely 'coco!' everything else i have read also points out to the fact that he is going through a growth spurt.

When he was about 5 weeks he went through a similiar thing which only lasted a couple of days and was told that too was a growth spurt.

Thanks for all your opinions and suggestions, its always appreciated!

Hi Vicki

Yeah I agree with Beanie - your milk is providing everything Alex needs so I'd hold off giving the formula. It does sound like a growth spurt and also with this warmer weather I think they might be getting a bit thirsty during the night.

Olivia is waking more at the moment as well but sometimes I'm not offering her boobie, I'm wrapping her back in her blankets and sh-sh-sh her for a bit then leaving her - sometimes she goes back to sleep and other times she just wont settle until she's had some food.

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back