Decorating & Paints

KatysMummy

Reaction score
Hi,

We have our flat on the market, & my DH needs to do a bit of painting to touch up some woodwork etc. Does anyone know how harmful this would be to me? I'm not planning on helping (!!), but the fumes are still going to be in the atmosphere to a certain extent.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.

I have read that it is not advisable for you to breathe in any of the fumes so ensure the windows are open for ventilation etc....

Can he do it while you are out or can you go and stay elsewhere while he does it? If it is just one room at a time I am sure you will be fine but do not sleep in a room that is being or has just been painted ....

good excuse for you to sit back while he does all the work.. good for you!
x

Hi Emma,

We have been frantically decorating since finding out I am pregnant and have done babies room kitchen, landingstairs and we are now starting our living room.

We have kept the rooms ventilated but it hasnt stopped me I have even done the glossing, sanding etc.

good luck it is a nightmare I am always used to helping and getting stuck in I have found it hard to keep away and have done the glossing and sanding, just know your own body wear a mask and stop if you are tired, keep the room venitlated and if glossing we found doing it in the monring ment by the evening the room was ventilated and we didnt breath fumes during the night.

Hope this helps

Sarah

My partner banned me from being anywhere near paint of any sort!! He doesn't often put his foot down, but he was pretty firm on this one. Personally I think you'll be fine as long as you keep the rooms well ventilated and don't sleep in a newly painted room.

You may also be interested in Eco Paints http://www.ecopaints.co.uk/ as they are low emission and therefore safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back