Debate: press invasion or reporting the truth

beanie

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7523034.stm

The news of the world says the courts are opressing their freedom of expression. The orgy had nothing to do with Max Moseley's actual job, but do we have a right to know what people in the public eye get up to or do they have a right to have some privacy? Is it different for different people, i.e. premiership footballer (a role model) who is snorting coke compared to an actor having an affair??

i dont really care about his orgy. He can have a million orgies and I still wouldnt care.

Peoples sex lives should remain their own business - doesn't matter who they are. What difference does it make if he had an orgy?

I'm not interested in his orgy either, but if I'm honest, I'm one of these people that keep Heat magazine in business lol! I like a bit of a nosey... I guess when you enter CelebLand, you have to expect that it comes with the territory - right or wrong, their business becomes our business.

Most of the famous people wouldn't be anywhere without the press. The press can make or break you. Keep on their good side!

I think that's why I wouldn't want to be famous, because of the territory you automatically step into.

xx

I couldn't give a damn what a bunch of consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms. Good luck to them.

dannii87 said:
I'm not interested in his orgy either, but if I'm honest, I'm one of these people that keep Heat magazine in business lol! I like a bit of a nosey... I guess when you enter CelebLand, you have to expect that it comes with the territory - right or wrong, their business becomes our business.

Most of the famous people wouldn't be anywhere without the press. The press can make or break you. Keep on their good side!

I think that's why I wouldn't want to be famous, because of the territory you automatically step into.

xx

I like a nosey too :oops: :lol:

Although I hadn't heard anything about this and really couldn't care less! I'm nosey but not about peoples sex lives!!!

The News of the world are talking nonsense. They have no business reporting on these kinds of things, they do it to sell papers not for any kind of public interest.

I do hope that this makes them think twice about covertly spying on people in this way. Who cares about Max Mosely? He has plenty of money but what about the average person that they expose to sell their papers? It's not just the famous they come after, it's the ordinary person who they like to attack but often it's these people that can't fight back. Only a few weeks ago there was some poor women who had once been a prostitute to pay for her kids. She was now a successful business woman after she got on her feet and the papers found out and reported everything.

If Tony Blair is condemning gay marriage and they find out he is gay then fair enough, but who cares what people do in the privacy of their own homes?

I wonder if someone secretly filmed the editor masturbating (we all know he does) whether or not that would be in the public interest and whether the sun or news of the world would print it? I bet they wouldn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back