Day 21 - advice please

Kay Kay

Reaction score
I ovulated last Wednesday - smiley face, dark line on cheapie opk and happened to have an internal scan at my ACU that day and they saw 4 follicles (2 quite big 'uns) that she called beautiful :shock: obviously she didn't know we sneakily took 50g clomid :whistle: Told us to get bding! We duly did :)

Anyway, I wanted to get my progesterone checked even though I'm pretty sure I ovulated. I have an appt with the nurse thisFriday. But my question is is this the correct time for it?

I worked it out as this. Ov last wed, I have a 16 day LP therefore this Friday will be 7 days before AF is due, so I'm thinking this is correct? Or is it always to be 7 dpo regardless of your LP?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks girls xxx

hun i dont know :-( Ive got my day 21s tomorrow and im 7dpo then xx

I would go for a week after the day u were scanned as they were reasy to burst then! Good luck.

Morning hon will text you but I don't think there is a right or wrong answer really. I would go with 7dpo, so if you know what date you ovulated then count 7 days from then. Xxxx

That sounds a pretty good day to do it. x good luck x x x x

I dont think it will make a difference hun cos if day 21 falls on a saturday you have to wait until the monday anyway! So just pretend its the weekend :) xx

Hi, I had 21 day bloods taken this month but because of bank holiday mine was taken two days late and the nurse said its fine and put on the test sheet that it was in effect 23 day bloods. I also checked with my doctor and he said fine will be taken into consideration when they look at results!

Good luck

xx

Thanks ladies, just had the blood taken and explained what day I'm on. Should here at the end of next week x

Sorry to hijack thread. My cycle seems to be 24 days and I know I Ov early on day 8/9 should I still get bloods done day 21 or go at 7dpo which is cd 15/16. How long does progesterone stay high following Ov?

It needs to be done half way between ov and next af which is by the book 14days so 7dpo - we are not all like that though. How are u measuring ov? Oving on day 8/9 and then a leutal phase of 15days is not something I've read/heard off.

Sorry to hijack thread. My cycle seems to be 24 days and I know I Ov early on day 8/9 should I still get bloods done day 21 or go at 7dpo which is cd 15/16. How long does progesterone stay high following Ov?

Hi hun, I reckon 7dpo is fine. I'm not sure how long the progesterone stays high for, I would presume a day or two. Mines were done at 9dpo. Good luck xxx

Well I got my result...wait for it....731! :x So, yeah I ovulated!

I was actually kinda embarrassed talking to the nurse, she said anything over 20 is normal so um, you def ovulated. Umm, yeah, and then some! :shock:

Geez this clomid has really been working on me! And the weird thing is I have felt nothing! No symptoms while I was taking it, no ov pain and now nothing in the 2ww. I just kinda want to feel something, you know what I mean?

AF due on Friday and as I said I haven't felt anything, and the dreaded PMT hasn't reared its ugly head...yet. There's still time :roll:

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease let this be my month!!!

Nice result!! Fingers crossed for ya Kay Kay! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back