• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Damon Prytherch born 6:59am 11.11.2006

Eblinx

Reaction score
Well im sure most of you know what happened but i thought i would do this anyway!
Went into the delivery suite at about 4pm on the 10th..needless to say i was crapping myself.
Had to let them put me on a monitor for a while when i was sorted..so i was on there untill about 5:30..waiting for the doc to come and he examined me and gave me a tablet to get things started at about 6pm..he then told craig to go home as he would let me sleep the night then give me another tablet in the morning.
Craig hung about while damon was monitered for another hour..then about 7:10 we went to the cafe to grab some food..was getting pains by this time but nothing serious.
Got back down about 8pm..craig hung about untill about 10pm then decided to go home so i could get some sleep.
12:50 am came and the pains were getting worse..so i had some paracetamol and went back to sleep!! Woke up again about 5am in agony, called my midwife who gave me 2 more paracetamol (i dont think she understood the pain i was in) and then asked me to stay on the monitor for 30mins and then she would examine me..so i agreed.
She came back as promised 30mins later to examine me and said i was at least 5cm's dilated and needed to get me moved.
They rang craig and before i knew it he was here.
They wanted to moitor me some more..but i kept saying i needed to wee with each contraction..so was going back and forwards to the loo! In the end i told her it felt like i needed to poo..turns out that was me needed to push not poo! I asked for some pethadine and she said it was too late for anything like that as it wouldnt kick in fast enough, i have no idea why but i didnt want to try gas and air when it came down to it..so i didnt!
So i got on the bed and got down to business and then my waters were broke by the midwife (i have no idea what time it was at this point) i do remember asking how long at about 6:45am and she said he should be born by 7:10 am..thats when it hit me..I HAD 6-7 ON THE BET! so he had to come out before 7am or i wouldnt win £30..so i tried a bit harder (i didnt expect that to be on my mind during the birth!) and he came out just in time!
I lost alot of blood and tore pretty baddly so thay had to call the on call reg to come and sort me out, the stitches really hurt when he was putting them in..he could have been a bit nicer about it.
Got moved to the derbyshire suite..which is crap..so i paid £52 for a private room for the night!
:wall: :wall:
Anwyays thats about that.
he was born at 6:59am weighing in at 8lb9oz.
Pics are in the 3rd tri posted by lozzijane for anyone who hasnt seen them yet!

bought bloody time woman!!! hahaha

congrats hunny, on birthing ur gorgoeus bundle.....

now get hat hunting for the wedding....

Do you realise how long it took me to write that!
Damon doesnt usually sleep long enough for me to do something like that!

Great birth story hun, you did really well :cheer:

You're a super woman to us, only paracetomol, i salute you hun!! :wink:

Congrats on the birth.....paracetamol.....you really are wonderwoman for that!!

Will make sure DF has £52.00 to get me in a private room there then when its my turn....I'll go on your recommendation of course :)

He is a little stunner - you must be very proud of your new addition :cheer: :hug:

congratulations........... love the pics on the 3rd Tri

what an absolutely gorgeous little baby !!!!!!!!!

Congratulations and well done, welcome little one

Congrats again Eblinx! Our babies should have been born 3 days apart to I am really looking forward to seeing how Damon is, they weigh similar as today Leorah ís 9lb1, she still seems so tiny as the babies here in Denmark are huge, she's the smallest at the mother and baby group.

I can't believe how brave you were at the birth! How come he didn't anaetetise you for the stitches? Ouch :shock:

Congrats hun...

I had to laugh tho, I was the same...I was jumping up and down off that bed pan as I thought I needed a poo!! :rotfl:

S. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back