Daggers and baby Otis....

Daggers

Reaction score
Okay I'll try and keep this short and sweet!!! Don't wanna be putting y'all to sleep! :oops: As the little tinker didn't wanna come out on his own accord I went into to the hospital to be induced on the 13th Sept. Went in at 09:30 and received my first prostin pessary just before 11am which did take very long to kick, in by 2pm I was certainly feeling the contractions and had thrown up 2 twice already - nice :puke: . By 4pm while in the midst of another throwing up bout my waters broke, or at least I hoped at the time that's what it was!!!!!! As I was diagnosed with B Strep I was taken to the delivery suite, by this time I was arleady 4 cm dilated and given gas and air to suck on - trust me this certainly doesn't take the pain away just put me into a world of my own - totally focused on the task at hand. Some time after I also recieved a shot Pethadin. By 9pm I was fully dilated and somewhere in the distance I recall hearing the MW telling my OH that there would still be an hour of pushing to get the baby's head further down and then another hour of pushing him out!!!!! :shock: I was not to impressed hearing this. I did try and keep as mobile as possible and I do believe this helped in speeding things along. Then just after 1am and looooooads of pushing came the final part of sqeezing the little man out, if it weren't for another lady in the delivery suite next to me who was also screaming her lungs out in succession with me I probably wouldn't have found this part as 'amusing' if I can it that!!! Man that was undoubtably the MOST PAINFUL day of my life!!!!!!!! By 1.26 am Otis was place on my chest for some skin to skin bonding and a spot of breast feeding at this point all the pain vanished, eventhough during the labour I did make a mental note to NEVER forget the pain that I was going through, however now it almost seemed a distant dream, and if given the choice I do it the same all of again, just on air & gas and a shot of pethadin.
I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again ladies if you've bought any disposable panties make sure they fit as mine didn't!!!!! Most annoying :x . As fortunately all went well I was able to leave the hosptial that day by around 4:30pm.
I think the idea of being a mother still hasn't quiet hit home, it can be very demanding the fact that suddenly your whole life revolves around this little baba and that he/she relys on you for everthing. But in the same way the love you get back from them is undescribable. Fortunately my little man, Otis is an angel and so far (fingers crossed) has been good and seems to enjoy his naps.
Thanks again ladies for all for support during my pregnancy, I hope to do the same for all you ladies who are still expecting :hug: :hug: :hug:

Otis1.jpg

He is just so cute! I can't believe you would already consider doing it over again, you are brave :lol:

I'm really lob´ving the anme Otis, he's already such a cool little dude 8)

Congratulations. Bless him with all that hair, so cute :D

YAY CONGRATULATIONS

well done honey hes gorgeous of course!!
i did it with just pethidine (although it wore off before my delivery) and gas n air aswell..fun isnt it! hehe

Congratulations, what a handsome little man - love the hair.

How much did he weigh Daggers??

oh yeah thanks Eveadel for reminding me, Otis weighed 7bls 1, so fortunately he was on the small side!!!!! :wink:

Congratulations daggers :hug: :hug: he looks so cute would love to know what he dreaming about with that gorgeous grin on his face xxx

He is beautiful, congratulations.. you must be so proud xx

Oh wow look at his hair!!!

He gorgeous congratulations!!!

xx

He's totally gorgeous, bet he smells great too (I just love that new baby smell) :hug:

what a lot of hair :shock:
gorgeous daggers! well done !

Hi

He is soo cute love his hair !!
You sound like me just had Kiara and said yup i can do this again :) as everyone looked at me like i was a nutter
Katrina

hes totally gorgeous congrats daggers :hug:

izzyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic