Cycle length/OV?

berit87

Reaction score
I just realised, looking at my cycle calendar (sorry, if it sounds stupid) but by the time my period is due I will only be 12dpo? So even though I'm 7dpo for me there's only 5 days left so technically i should be able to test soon? Does that mean in general terms I OV'd quite late? (I know my O was cd18?)

It's all very confusing but I'm just thinking if people say 9 or 10 dpo is too early to test then for me it will probably be ok to start? (poas addict, yes!)

As soon as your af is due it will be ok to test, and before that if you want. I never test until af is late, don't like the bfn and some tests aren't sensitive enough to pick any hormone up before af is due. And I wouldn't say you ov'd late, it sounds about right to me. I have a 13 day luteal phase anywhere between 10-14 day luteal phase is classed as normal.

Your cycle sounds perfect to me, similar to mine. I have a 30 day cycle, I ov on cycle day 17, and have a 13 day luteal phase.

So test away, but don't be disheartened if you don't get a bfp, some get shy beans, even with a perfect cycle x

Baby dust to you x x x

Thank you Emma! I know they will be negatives for a while anyway but it satisfies the poas addict in me haha. And it sort of keeps me going until AF is due if that makes sense?!

I probably will be upset if I end up not getting my BFP as I have not felt so off for a long time :(

Thanks again and lots of dust to you too!!! X x x

why don't you pee on a cheapy 10miu strip test every morning with fmu from tomorrow every morning - and write your dpo on them and keep them all until 'something happens' then if you get any lines go and buy a FRER or digi and test again?

I am only 5 or 6dpo and am already anxious to poas, lol.

Yes... I did, BFN of course but I'm only 8dpo right? Saying that I only have 4 days until AF is due...

It all depends on when the little eggy would have implanted as to how soon you'll get your bfp. On average a egg can implant between day 6-10po. When the egg implants that is when the hormone is created which the pregnancy test needs to pick up on. The hormone takes 48-72 hours to double in strength. So for example if your egg only implanted on day 7 it wouldnt show up on a test for at least a week or even 2 after that depending on what test you used.

Altho you have a 12day luteal phase a test wouldn't show up any sooner, as your egg may have only implanted on day 7, so testing on day 8 would show nothing as you found. The best thing to do is to wait till af is due or late. And again even then it might not show, depending on the implantation!

I hope some of that made sense to you! lol X X X

Last edited:
It does make sense, thank you!!

The only thing that still confuses me is the fact I'm only 9dpo today yet my period is due in 3 days. So if it did take a week or 2 I would be WAY past due date before I got anything?!

Sorry if I sound really stupid!! xx

no your right it would be way past your af is due, but it does depend on the strength on of the hormones and implantation.

Regardless of when your af is due if you only implanted on day 7-8 by the time you get to day 12 your egg would have only been in there for 4-5 days and so you will only have very little hormone swimming round your body, therefore a test is unlikely to pick this up, but again depends on the brand. Were as if you test a week or so after your af is due you will be more likey to get a positive as the hormone would have built in strength, also by then any test should pick it up.

So long story short regardless of luteal phase, af due date....the longer the egg takes to implant, and unless you get really obvious signs theres no way of telling, the longer you have to wait to get a positive test.

x x x

Thank you so much, makes perfect sense now :) fingers crossed that's what it is :) thanks a million! X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back