Curry!

allycat

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

I'm going for a meal on Friday night in an indian restaurant. Are there any foods that are a definite no-no and I should avoid or is hot spicy food pretty safe to eat while pregnant?

Hun, I am afraid there is no definitive rule here. It is a question of trial and error, as this is different for everyone. I ate curries during early pregnancy (late in the day indigestion put paid to eating all sorts of things :wall: ) with no probs; but I know my MIL couldnt eat it at all...made her sick.
I suggest you try something that is not tooooooo spicy...like buttered chicken or a mild curry and taste someone else's stronger stuff just to see how it suits you!

Hope it is a lovely evening!!

Lisa

I have eaten curries throughout my pregnancy......and there is no problem at all with eating spicy foods.

I say enjoy them whilst you can, my husband has now banned me from eating them as I suffer from such bad heartburn, indigestion and wind after eating them now (and can last 2 days plus), but that didnt start until a little later into my pregnancy!

I would love to be going out for a curry :(

EllieBelle said:
I have eaten curries throughout my pregnancy......and there is no problem at all with eating spicy foods.

I say enjoy them whilst you can, my husband has now banned me from eating them as I suffer from such bad heartburn, indigestion and wind after eating them now (and can last 2 days plus), but that didnt start until a little later into my pregnancy!

I would love to be going out for a curry :(

enjoy them while you can like Ellie says cause the last one I had killed me with heartburn and wind so I dont think I will be having them anymore, baby howe doesnt like them :lol:

I would love to be going out for a curry as well Ellie :( :(

Ahhh thanks for the replies...I think I will play it safe and go for a lovely mild korma! :wink: I'm having trouble eating a lot at the moment so will see how it goes as I don't wanna be scenting the bedroom the whole night lol!

I have a craving for curry. Specifically my homemade chicken madras...I actually have some cooking on the stove now!! :oops: :lol:

Jen&James said:
I have a craving for curry. Specifically my homemade chicken madras...I actually have some cooking on the stove now!! :oops: :lol:

oooh send some to me :)
Why am I posting in 1st tri???????????????????????

allycat said:
Ahhh thanks for the replies...I think I will play it safe and go for a lovely mild korma! :wink: I'm having trouble eating a lot at the moment so will see how it goes as I don't wanna be scenting the bedroom the whole night lol!

Allycat im glad you asked this question!!! I have 2 friends coming round for an Indian takeaway tomorrow night and I was wondering what to have....think im going to go for a safe vegetable korma, although it will probably be too rich and I wont be able to stomach it!

Enjoy your meal hunny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back