• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

curious

isobel84

Reaction score
about cloth nappies....

how do u wash them? surely u dont have to wash a mashine everytime u change a nappy?

are they not easier to get leaks with?

how do u do when your out n about n have a pooie nappy? dont they all get bad stains?

what would i need? how much would it cost n how soon do i have to buy bigger sizes?

i have never seen one n dont know how they work atall :blush:

demba always wanted us to have them..

I use them :)

I wash every 2 days and just keep them in a washing tub fro ikea between washes.

Noa's at the age now where he would fit Birth to potty nappies so you wouldnt necessarily need different sizes.

I find certain brands do not leak at all ANC are very reliable. I just pop them in a nappy bag if I'm
Out and need to change him.

There are lots of brands about. Some if my faces are: bumgenius, weenotions pocket , bamboozle stretchy's which need a wrap. I love them :)

Have a look in the cheeks and cherries website. They have free delivery too xx

They are easier than disposables IMO. I get less poo explosions, and stains are nothing the sun won't shift (when we get some!)

Try a few different preloved ones to get an idea of what suits you. All mine are preloved and my main stash has probably cost about £150 although they are addictive :lol:

i been lookin on internet but still dont understand... there is millions of different ones.. n whats the diferens between the pocket one n all in one? surely if u put it in the pocket the pocket itself wouuld still be wet?

it seems so complicated with all this diferent ones..

The thing to remember with preloved is that cloth Nappies fit different babies differently. When I was looking and still now I tent to google search the brands that are mentioned and go from there. I really like my tots bots bamboozles which are 2 parts and need a wrap. They are bomb proof usually but DH is still reluctant with them so won't touch them. Pockets you stuff and are probably the easiest to put on. AIO and AI2 are all in 1/2 and the insides generally fix in.... Most of mine are birth to potty so should last a while. Oh the other good thing with preloved is the are generally up to full absorbency which can take a few washes to get, a useful thing while playing :) I guess the first thing is to consider which you might find easiest to reach for...

Yea, for preloved have a look on the classislfieds on cloth nappy tree.

Basically pockets are just that, and hava the waterproof layer incorporated.

Fitteds need a waterproof wrap over the top

I have a mix of both. If I was starting out again I would buy loads of tots bots stretchys with bumgenius flip wraps as they are so reliable, with a few pretty pocket nappies for showing off :blush:

I've just bought a couple of different all-in-ones online Evelina so will let you know how I get on with them!
If I decided to use reusables I will have a bucket with some solution in to put them in during the day and put a wash on overnight.
I'll probably stick to disposables at night time though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back