"Cuddles"

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Layla, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

bit of a personal thread so sorry lol

i know that "cuddles" can start off labour is your cervix is ready, but what i want to know is

is it the mans stuff that triggers it, or teh fact that your womb contracts?

does anyone know?

2. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I think it might be both actually :D

3. Steelers fan

Steelers fan Well-Known Member

My midwife said they don't know what it is but between the 2 it does work. She said that in semen is a hormone that helps the cervix to relax..... other than that maybe its because you relax and enjoy yourself and think about something other than the baby...like how exactly are we going to do this!!!!!!!

4. Skidoo

Skidoo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's the hormone in semen that does it - it's called prostaglandin and helps to 'ripen' the cervix... fruity!

5. Sarah W Baby Belly

I made the big announcement to the DH about this last night and he looked totally freaked out!

I still don't think he really believes all this is happening yet.

He will! :lol:

6. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

thanks girls

after last night jase wont do it anymore, he is frightend he is going to hurt me and Coby, so i waswondering if i could kick start things myself...... :oops:

but looks like i do need him lol

7. Sarah W Baby Belly

I was actually wondering the very same thing myself :lol:

8. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

lol glad im not the only one thinking along those lines :D

cuddles last night really hurt and today i have had a blood loss and got back pain, so i know im on teh egde of labour, was really hoping i could shift things up a gear myself today, never mind tho!

9. Sarahe

Sarahe Well-Known Member

Hi girls

I have been following your thread and maybe your other halves might oblige in giving a bit of there :oops: :oops: for you to use manually

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry hope not too tmi but the thought of that may make them do the real thing :wink: :wink:

Sarah

10. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

lol good idea! :lol:

11. Sarah W Baby Belly

Just found this on a birth site.

Turns out that orgasm may be good on its own!
    :D :D :D

the hormone oxytocin released during orgasm may prompt your uterus to start contracting if it is almost ready to begin anyway. The prostaglandins in semen also help to soften the cervix. You could also try acupuncture, reflexology or shiatsu.

12. charlie_chalk

charlie_chalk Well-Known Member

lol layla. i have a very good friend who is a nurse. a few month ago she was telling me not to use a vibrator as the vibration can cause contractions....... maybe this is the way forward!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(not sure how true this is as she isnt a m/w but i suppose its worth a go :lol: )

13. michelle82

michelle82 Well-Known Member

I was thinking you could get him to donate in a cup and turkey baster it in! Then you could keep it going at regular intervals during the day when he's not about!! Can you imagine.
    :D :D
    I told my OH last night you got it in there you help get it out. He got a massive grin when I told him we have to have sex after the sweep at least twice and thats the only real known way of inducing labour naturally!

14. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

lol this thread is great :D

good info Sarah and Charlie! its defo worth thinking about.

if thats true about the sweep Michelle then i need to have cuddles one more time lol if i cant persade Jase to help then i will use "other methods" :wink: lol

15. Guest

Yep that's it, and if your cervix is 'ripe' you could very well kick start your contractions just like the synthetic version they use to induce you.

16. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

I had cuddles twice last night after the sweep and a hot bath in the middle and it seemd to start things of but it hasn't progressed into proper labour yet :( Don't know if it's worked or it hasn't.

How long after sex is it supposed to trigger you off if it is going to work?

17. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

my midwife said it takes 2 or 3 sweeps to trigger labour.

i remember a poll/thead someone done a few weeks back, asking did the sweep work for them, im sure it didnt work for alot of people

18. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

well i was wondering, as on a few baby websites it says that if your cervix is softened and you are given a sweep it increases the chances of going into labour within 48 hours, but it does depend on how soft your cervix is and how ready it is for labour.

I supposed everyone is different, i am giving up on cuddles as it hasn't worked for me in anyway and it is uncomfortable to keep trying, curry hasn't done anything or pineapple. Walks only put alot of pressure on my pelvis and hasn't seemed to do anything.

I am fed up of trying now i am going to let nature take it's course.

19. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

hopefuly you have done enough for it to have made a diffrence, if your 1cm already then it wont be long with any luck.

id relax a bit now and see what happens over the weekend.

20. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member