• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crying

Mrs. KM

Reaction score
Since K was 6 weeks old shehas been crying most of the day. It is really getting to me because she is so hard to soothe. I woukd think it wad reflux or something but she is fine through the night. I have tried dummies, rocking, walking around, driving and going for walks. My wrap works best but still takes ages to calm her. Has anyone been through this?

Yes!!

It was a combination of colic, reflux and lactose intolerant!

Just because your LO sleeps in the night, don't rule out reflux! Harlow slept better in the night too.

X

Really!? I assumed it would bother her all the time! Thank you for letting me know. It's really starting to get me down. We have her immunizations on Monday so hopefully the doctor can help. I just wish there was something I could do to calm her.

I think until you get any medical help/advice the only thing I can suggest is to give LO less more often when she feeds. Try keep her elevated for 30 minutes after feeding and try to keep her on at least a 30 degree angle whilst lying her down to change nappies or sleep time.

What other symptoms does she have?

Is she sick?
Constantly swallowing?
Coughing?
Choking ?
Chewing her fists?
Arching back?
Dribbling alot?

X

Yes, all of those, but she is mostly sick in her mouth and swallows it. I am bfing so its hard to control what she eats, and when I had her weighed yesterday they said she didn't gain enough. The doctor appointment isn't coming fast enough! Xx

Definitely sounds like reflux hun and as LL said babies can have reflux and still sleep well on a night.

Chloe was exclusively breastfed and didn't put on any weight, turns out she was in so much pain because of the feeding that she was only going 10 mins then pulling off. Me being a new mum thought this was normal but she was only getting formilk. It also started at about 6 weeks.

Try and feed your LO upright, my breastfeeding HV suggested laying in bed propped up by pillows and puuting LO on your stomach...hmm not explaining it very well :)

Yeah it does sound like Reflux. It is actually more common then you think! Poor lil babies!!

x

My baby's crying a lot as well! Have you tried sugar water? You mix 1dl water (hot water) with 1 spoon sugar and cool it down. Than you can give 2ml to your baby as often as once sn hour. The sugar calms the baby down, it makes the baby's brain produce endorphines. We have given our little girl this when she's really at it and wont settle. It helps for a while and sometimes long enough to make her settle. I Think my little girl is suffering from reflux as well, will see a doctor NeXT week.

Lots of luck hun! Hope it sorts out!!

xx

Thanks girls! I ended up taking her to the walk in clinic. The doctot prescribed reflux meds and also suggested that I cut dairy out of my diet to see if that helps. I live on milk and cheese so could be the issue! Hopefully she gets better!!!

Aww, phew, glad you got some meds for her. What meds did they prescribe? x

Eek no cheeese!!! I adore cheese! I would cry if I had to live without it! x

Yeah I seriously mostly only eat milk, cheese and yogurt lol :(. They prescribed zantac.... Same as gaviscon I think.

Cathedral City is just amazing! Sorry I am so not helping am I lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back