Clingy baby

Damien will not let me put him down or let us put him on a playmat for more than 1 minute before he gets upset and wants to be held. Has been like this for days now and it's driving me up the bloody wall. I can't get on and do anything unless mark holds him and feeds him. Any ideas how to help him? Given him some calpol to see if he was poorly but its made no difference :wall:

Braydon is like that now to i got called home from work in my lunch break as he had been crying since i went to work this mornin!! i think its just summit babies do to stress us out a lil bit more

Sounds like seperation anxiety and its just a normal stage babies go through. It is hard work but it'll soon pass.

clicky

cheers for the link hun, but it's even when he can see me. If I lay him on his play mat and sit next to him he cries till I pick him up. he never used to be bothered and used to be happy (I'm not really a clingy mum) so I don't understand the sudden change. Maybe this is his was of showing anxiety although I havent gone anywhere?

Seren had a stag of not wanting to be put down but it was only temporary. It was just so exhausting, even having a wee was a nightmare. Hopefully he'll be out of it soon :hug:

LOL yeah! Either hold them or listen to them scream. I'm so weak, I cannot bear to hear him cry so I just cuddle him, probably half my doing! :wall:

I'm having the same problem here. Zara won't even sleep properly. She's waking up after 40 minutes screaming because I'm not there. It's wearing a little thin I can tell you.

Hey Sami,

I posted a simular thing on here recently. I think it must be their age as Aimee was excatly the same & it really grates on you.
It got a bit embarrasing as anyone who came close to her she would scream and start crying !
It has lasted about 2 weeks and she is now much better (has been fine with other people holding her etc). turns out her bottom tooth has broken through so think this may have had something to do with it.

It wont last & if it does then I was told to leave them for a minute, walk back in say "mummy is still here" pick up if you need to then do it again extending the the time....

Hope he give his mummy a break soon

x

Hi

The weekend before last my boyfriend went away for the weekend so it was just me and Isaac. He was being very demanding and wouldnt let me put him down. I couldnt even eat! Anyway I rang my sister and she phone babysat for me! I put her on speaker phone and she told Isaac a story while I cooked myself dinner and ate it and washed up after lol (Sounds expensive I know but we have talk unlimited and pay a set price for calls). Isaac has days just like you are having and I'm sure its just boredom and needing a cuddle. I just give in now, its easier that getting stressed.

Sorry I'm not much help!

Lou :)

Aaron has been like this for a while now. He won't sleep properly either. I know most of it is down to me because I won't let him cry which I know I should but he gets really really upset and I can't bare to leave him like it. I'm hoping he will grow out of it :lol:

my nephew alfie was excatly like that, but then he went 2 nursery and got to know other people and hes fine now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back