Crushed lungs

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by BabyBrain, Feb 26, 2012.

1. BabyBrain

BabyBrain Well-Known Member

Is anyone else getting this? Going to mention it to the gp next week as it's actually quite frightening. I keep getting the sensation of my lungs getting crushed and my heart starts racing. It happens mostly when I lay on my left and causes me to sit up in a bit of a panic, I have a pulled muscle or something this morning cos I sat up too quick, I have to catch my breath and my heart really sort of booms if that makes sense. Albert's laying on the right side of my womb so I don't know if gravity is dragging him over to the left. I'm finding myself with less and less ways to sleep lol and it's doing my head in xxxxxxxx

2. pushca

pushca Well-Known Member

I had this at 33 weeks as had polyhydramnios (excess fluid) which was pushing up on my lungs & tummy. I couldnt keep food down & I was really breathless. It felt like I was having a heart attack at times! My heart was racing & pounding. It was quite scary & uncomfortable but the doctors said it was normal in pregnancy & to be expected with the huge amounts of fluid I was carrying. But then baby dropped slightly, and the relief was amazing!! Baby has dropped considerably since then, & the polyhydramnios has cleared up - & I feel like I can breathe normally again. So maybe once your baby drops you will feel better. I think it's pretty normal but it may be worthwhile mentioning to the doctors if you're concerned xxx

3. leannesxb

leannesxb Well-Known Member

I have had it hun then baby dropped then last night I had it again. He dropped again over night a little so eased slightly but still struggling with how I sit. x

4. TORino

TORino Well-Known Member

I get palpitations and shortness of breath too. It's not nice but like the others I only get it when baby is high up

5. mummy2b73

mummy2b73 Well-Known Member

I've had that it was horrible made me feel like i was 90 !!!! only stopped around a week ago (I'm 38+5) but my bump has dropped alot which has really made a difference midwife said Friday he was well engaged and 3 people commented yesterday that my bump was low.....so hang in there it should improve :)