Cross stitch

Urchin

Reaction score
thanks to minxy I'm a little addicted :oops: :oops:

currently doing one like this (was actually a birthday gift from minxy so it REALLY is her fault LOL)

Anchor-DisneyPirates-Detail.jpg

What's everyone else doing?

ooo i used to love cross stitch, havent done any for ages. prehaps thats something i can do when Noahs attached to my boob in the evening :lol:

ooh i have loads on the go!

ill go take some pics :D

Ooooo noooo.

I'd kinda forgotten all about cross stitching, and now i wanna do it again, damn you all. I'm such a geek, i love it! Counting the squares, doing a bit of an area, then switching to doing all one colour for a while.

Got quite addicted to these a while back, didn't have any kids or 'excuse' for being a sewaholic in her 20's and would have no use for the finished article which would end up in a drawer. But i just find it really theraputic, i'm one of these people who can't sit still (not in an active way, in a nervous energy type way), always fiddling with something, jiggling around! This kept me busy for hours. Defo going to get back on it and make some pretty creations for baby's room!!

I like this range with bears in:

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-bin/itemde ... tem=K35039

I'm terrible for starting ones and not finishing :oops: At latest count i'm doing

6 Christmas cards (actually will finish those soon)

2 birth samplers (the babies in question are now 2)

Mr Men wall chart

One of the characters from terry pratchett (that's about 8 years old)

A lovely winter scene with a robin (also about 10 years old)

A long one of egyptian gods (only 2 years old that one)

and lastly a christmas tablecloth (only 1 year old)

Contrary to popular belief I do occasionally finish them :lol:

I've been cross stitching a pattern called "Maritime Scene" for a long time. I've promised to give it to my mom after I'm done but I'm just half way through and I've stopped doing that for a while. Now That I've come across to this thread, I'm planning to continue it. It's a scene like from way before during colonization era, I'll try to take a picture of it and I'll try to post it here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back