Cried in public... so embarrassed!

Sarah7

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Last night my OH and I had a bit of a date night with dinner out and a cinema trip and to be completely honest he was being an absolute dick about nothing, it's happened before he gets really angry over nothing sometimes, it's never at me, but he takes it out on me a bit. He wasn't really talking to me and he was being moody with me and raising his voice a bit and just being rude, didn't even walk with me left me trailing behind him! When we got to the restaurant he was being really rude and I thought I was going to cry but he went to order and I got it all under control. When he came back he started apologising and going on about what had happened (he also likes to over analyse even though I'd rather just leave it in the past and try and get on with things) and he wouldn't stop and then I burst into tears! It was horrendously embarrassing, I've never done anything like that before (I don't remember the last time I cried in public, I must have been really young lol) and I just felt so embarrassed. He didn't comfort me or anything which I understand because it's an awkward situation and there was a table in the way and I didn't want anyone to notice, but we haven't even talked about it and I just feel so humiliated and I don't know if I should apologise or bring it up or anything?
I feel a little better for rambling it all out here, so if you got to the end of all that then thanks for reading! Think it turned into more of a get it off my chest post...
xx

oh hun, there is nothing to be embarrased about, i hate it when me and my dh have a row, I always feel this rediculous need to appologise even when it is not my fault. Rows in public are difficult, we always try to avoid them too. Just remember that anyone who see's you upset will not put it down to a row but to you being pregnant and hormonal. Plus it is none of their bloody business. Don't let it get you down, if you feel you need to bring it up with your oh then do but if you want it just forgotten then try not to bring it up especially as you said he over analyses things. i know this is not very helpful but I'm hoping by venting on here a little you feel a bit better in yourself anyway? :hugs:

Aww u poor thing lol.

My hubby can get really moody too and last week he left me trailing behind him when we were in the shopping centre, its so annoying! I felt like I could have cried at just that, and he didn't even apologise!

I wouldn't apologise to ur hubby for crying though. I'd just not mention it :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Aw babe. I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I'm sure people are too preoccupied to really take notice though if that makes you feel any better? Hope you're better now.

I had a face on me all through dinner last Sunday when we were away and kept welling up. We'd had a little niggle before going down for dinner and I wouldn't drop it.... Felt so silly going back for breakfast in the morning! Xxx

You're all right, I have no need to mention it it's just that weird need to bring it up and say sorry which I don't think I need to do. Or should do.
Venting on here has definitely helped and it's so nice to know other people have the same kind of thing too. I think it feels worse because it's so unlike me and I just couldn't control it.
Thank you :)
xx

Aw hugs hon! It's not nice crying in public :(. I learnt to kinda deal with it 13 years ago when my partner at the time was killed in an RTA, but I still hate it.

My OH has learnt not to try to comfort me, cos it only makes me worse :( im surprised that if u like to be comforted, he didn't even try to hold yr hand over the table. But don't feel bad hon, everyone cries at some point. I certainly wouldn't apologise, you haven't done anything wrong. pregnancy makes u so emotional. I've found it so hard, if not impossible at times, to control how I'm feeling and silly things will set me off.

Maybe bring it up, saying that u r glad he didn't make a big thing of it at the restaurant, but that it would have been nice if he made sure u were alright later, or offered u some small comfort like holding your hand, just to acknowledge he knew u were upset and cared about it.

Lol it's took me ages to post this cos I got distracted half way through, sorry.

Thanks violet, so sorry to hear about your previous partner.
I think a bit of hand holding would have made it a lot nicer, I think being ignored sort of added to the awkward feeling. He just started eating which was weird. I think if he brings it up I'll talk about it, but otherwise I think it might be best ignored just in case it all starts up again. Really hate being emotional though, can't wait for that to go away!
xx

I hope you're feeling better! I never catch these early posts, stupid work.
Ive never understood why men are so moody, they have no reason to be! You definitely shouldnt have to apologise or feel like you have to, you deserve to be treated like a princess. I know its so embarrassing to cry in public but sometimes you just need a cry and hopefully you felt a little bit better after it. A bit of hand holding would have been nice - a bit of affection goes a long way!
I agree, I'd leave it unless he brings it up otherwise you might end up upset again :( xxx

Thanks :) I am feeling better now, he popped home from work at lunch and today he's been nothing but really really nice so I'm hoping he feels bad for being so mean. What is it with men and moodiness, women are meant to be the moody, unpredictable ones!

sarah im the same as you i apologise for everything but im like that with everyone aswell. i would want to bring it up but i would want to know why he felt the need to keep being moody on a date and to then make me cry and not comfort me. But then you might not want to be reminded of his bad mood.... Hope your ok?! :hugs: xxxxxx

Thanks pinktink, i think I need to leave his bad mood in the past and ignore my urges to say sorry for it all. I don't want him to think I'm attacking him either. I am feeling much better now though, thank you :)

lol man hormones :rofl:

Pft :roll: man hormones indeed!

I'd like to see a man full of lady hormones, see how they get on then!

Lol sarah i know what you mean.... :) Glad your ok. always best to vent sometimes anyways...

I was thinking of buying my OH a baby bump and getting him to wear that all day and night and doing his usual tasks whilst cooking, cleaning etc and see how he felt after a full 24hours....

shame im not rich enough!!! lol

pfffft men! My partner is exactly the same! Just no pleasing them sometimes! I definatly wouldnt appolagize for crying, your only human, and a pregnant human come to that. I do find men certainly view the world and situations very different from us xx Hugs xx

I am the same and glad my oh isn't the only moody one. I hate it when he walks off and expects me to keep up and you know dame well they are doing it on purpose.

My OH can be like this too! An utter twat! Dont get me wrong hes lovely and its only the odd occassion but god! It does my head in!

He walks 100mph leaving me trailing like a bloody dog or something, and I try my best to keep up but end up out of breath and achey! Grrrrr MEN!

Oh, and he seems to be under the impression that child birth isnt that bad, as a man wouldnt ask for a second kick in the balls but a woman will want a second child- we'll see what he makes of this then when I give him a swift kick to the nads when Im going into labour!

Dont apologise you've done nothing wrong hun, like you said just leave it in the past :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back