Cradle cap

kellie80

Reaction score
My step brother has asked me if i know anything to get rid of his 4 month ols sons cradle cap. Its really bad the worse i have ever seen! He has tried the shampoos and baby oil and also something off the HV although i'm not sure what. Nothing has worked. I suggested Olive oil cos I know they tell you to use it on most skin problems on babies but I can't think of anything else. Does anyone have any tips or suggetions that i can pass on to him? Thanks.

Kellie

there isnt anything i think its a case of itll go in time we wash matthews hair everyday with dentinox cradle cap shampoo and then brush it really well in the morning the cradle cap has improved and no where near as bad my HV said by the time they are 1 it should clear up, i used to put olive oil on each morning and wash out at night but now matthew has more hair he just looks greasy!

I heard some where you put the Olive oil on for a hour then wash it off?

Jadie

i had read that but dont think it does much think its meant to soften it but i dont think it does much for it

Yeah olive oil worked wonders for my friends baby who had really bad cradle cap. They rubbed some in before bed and then washed his hair in the morning,hope it works xx

ruben's is finally clearing up now. :dance: he had it REALLY bad, yellow scales all the way down to his eyebrows... :shock:

i use a soft baby hair brush and brush in small circular movements just before he comes out of the bath, so the scales are softened by the water. then i put loads of wheatgerm oil on his head. just recently i also started putting pure aloe vera gel on it and i don't know if that is what has helped clear it or if it is just a coincidence, but it is nearly gone now! yay!

my friend used head and shoulders on her bubs and hasn't had problem since

ella still has cradle cap, cant see it though becuase of all her hair! I tired olive oil but that didnt work, dentinox seems to be doing the trick slowly but surely. its so hard to get it off her head becuase of her hair it hard to give it a good rub!

I was once told that to avoid Cradle cap, we have to brush baby's hair even if they have none!
So my advice would be....
along with the shampoo or oils, brush baby's scalp with a soft brush.

Emilia xx

Damien still has it at nearly 6 months. I know they say don't, but I picked off the bits which would come up easily (it came off on sheets!) and then left for a few hours before giving him a bath a shampooing with Dentinox. His is much better now and I just use the Dentinox once a week now to soften it and keep it at bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back