Cradle Cap

amzhunny

Reaction score
Hey all,

Amber has like really dry skin/ cradle cap on the top of her head near the crown -

is there anything i can wash it with that can help?

ooh I'd be interested in your replies hun, Jack has same thing, I never use shampoo on his head now but it's still there :?

yeah i know, i have stopped using anything on it but it seems to have spread a bit more across the top!

Dentanox is made for cradle cap but doesn't always work
I found the best thing and i know it sounds odd but bare with me :)
Shampoo as normal and lightly go through the hair with a plastic nit conb ( 50p from chemist) I swear it really works at just lifting it

Over here they suggest warmed olive oil and just gently rub in then wash off the next day. I have found that Matildas comes and goes, she had it really bad for a few months then it completly disappeared and now she has a little bit again.si

Olive oil is amazing on cradle cap - we do baby massage with grapeseed oil then massage her scalp gently with olive oil and brush lightly backwards with a baby brush - this works for us and DD has had it really badly.

Valentine Xxx

Thanks Valentine Im going to do that as DD has it bad as well.

luke never had it severe but we used dentinox shampoo and we still do to keep it at bay and it works really well.

Austin used to have really bad cradle cap. We used Dentinox and it disappeared after about 3 applications! We still use it every other day to leep it under control. I had tried olive oil before we used the shampoo but I never found it particularly effective and it's much harder to get out of the hait than the Dentinox.

We use dentinox, it is slowly coming away. We have been using it a couple of times a week for about a month now :)

maybebaby said:
I had tried olive oil before we used the shampoo but I never found it particularly effective and it's much harder to get out of the hait than the Dentinox.

I don't comb the olive oil out, I just comb over the scaly bits with a baby brush backwards then I leave it on overnight and it sinks into her scalp every night - I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, but its working for us.

Valentine Xxx

I tried olive oil but found it too smelly so I used Johnson's baby oil, and brushed with a baby brush to loosen the scales. It cleared up after 2 weeks, but it looks like it's coming back again.

I am also using olive oil which was advised by HV, and finding thats it has started to help :)

both of mine have it, havent put anything on it, millie still has it, doesnt bother her.

The trick is when you wash your babys head/hair make sure you rub it dry really well, dont be afraid to give it a good rub and you should avoid it building up doing that.

i agree with rach. my nurse told me that cradle cap occurs because parents are too scared to give babys hair a good scrub and then a good rub dry. Ami has never had on her head but did have some in her eyebrows :shock: after a good scrub it was gone.

im not talking violent scrubbing here, just not soft. babys are tougher than they look. how do you feel after a good clean in the bath?

My baby has it, and it is blinkin' hard to get rid of! We give her hair a good wash every other night, and in the process her head IS rubbed vigourously with a towel when it is dried. But my baby was born with a LOT of hair, and it is now 3 inches long on the top of her head, which is where the cradle cap is. We tried the olive oil thing, and it just made her head look like an oil slick had hit it. Currently I am gently brushing her hair regularly and that seems to be loosening it and lifting it out of her hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back