cows milk

Red_Fairy

Reaction score
Ive given Hannah cows milk in mash/mushed bananas/rusks etc in the past but now planning on changing from formular to cows milk. (in the next month)

Can i just pour it in her bottle and give it to her? or should i mix formular/cown milk together for abit or what?

Ta :)

hi i *think* they have to be over a year old before they can drink cows milk instead of formula. You can use it in cooking but just not to drink. I put millie on it when she was just over 1. Hope you and your girls are ok xx

Hiya. Its meant to be 12 months before a baby is let loose on cows milk, but as you have been giving her it in dessert form and breakfast, maybe ty the odd drop in a beaker when shes past 11 months old. I did this woth my son and he was fine, though some ladies do the transiton more slowly. Me and stephen just went with cows milk head on, he had the shits for a couple of days but we just persisted and he was fine.

I was giving Joe cows milk at 10 months. He was having it in weetibix and rather than go with follow on milk I decided to go with cows millk.
He was eating pretty much what we ate at that point.

I'd just try pouring the cows milk in on its own. If she likes it then fine, if not then try mixing it with formula. Mine have always just gone straight onto cows milk and loved it. I swapped one bottle a day over at first, the afternoon one and kept them on formula for the other bottles till they got used to it.

Willow was 11 1/2 months when we put her on to cows milk as a drink and what i did was for 1 week i gave her cows milk in the morning and formula at night just to see if she had a reaction from it and she didnt so the next week she was just on cows milk and we have had no problems, the only thing we have to do is warm it up a bit as she doesnt like cold from the fridge so i put it in the microwave for 30 sec to take the chill off.

My mum put all of us on cows milk at 6 months so i definatily wont be waiting till ryan's a year old!! Ill see how he goes with cow's milk on food then probablyput him stright onto cows milk at 8 months. they dont recommend it now but they used to and some health visitors will agree there's absolutely nothing wrong with it!

I just went for it and gave him pure cows milk from 12 months. Didn't bother mixing with formula and he didn't have any probs. Lx

Isaac has cows milk with his weetabix on a morning, as long as LO is getting their vits and mins, there's no reason why Hannah can't move straight to cows milk, as long as she's happy, ask your HV if you want more professional advice, but like Lucy, I'd just move her straight to it personally if its what you want, very best wishes with it :hug: :hug: :hug:

Harrison was 11 & half months when he went onto cows milk. We had just finished the last of the formula and didn't want to buy anymore so we started cows milk the next morning, we just poured it in his bottle and gave it to him, he loved it. Some babies who don't like it their parents tend to give them half and half and gradually increase the cows milk untill they like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back