Cows milk

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Out of the last 3 days Ellie has refused her mid-afternoon (2pm) milk completely and the other day she only had 1oz of the EBM. I was planning on when she hit 1yr asking the nursery to offer her some cows milk then instead as I would like to stop having to express of that feed. However given that she seems to be dropping it herself would it be OK to ask them to offer her cows milk with her lunch and morning snack? Or should I leave it with just water then until she reaches 1 yr? She is 2 weeks of her first birthday.

Thanks[/u]

I would just start her on cows milk, I dont think things are set in stone - around 1 year old is just a general figure. Kate is just 8 months and only has one 6 oz bottle a day, the rest of her intake is yogurts, mince and veg, bananas etc. I have tried (and failed!) to get her to take bottles throughout the day for a month or two now. I just let her tell me what she wants really; sounds like Ellie is doing the same. :)

Thanks for that. Yesterday she refused her afternoon milk again. I am hoping this will mean no more pumping but I will give her a few more days just in case. I have instructed the nursery to offer her cows milk as well at water with her morning snack (9am) and her afternoon tea (3:30). I also gave her some cows milk yesterday with a biscuit after nuresry (and after a breastfeed). She seemed to really enjoy it.

I started Sophie on cow milk at 11 months and she is fine

Alastair has been having cows milk in his cereal since 6 months i think i wil just wait a few months weeks before i just give him cows milk all the time, HV told me aslong as they are getting plenty of veg etc putting a baby on cows milk at 11 months is fine :hug:

Thanks for that. She has been having cows milk in cooking and cereal since around 6months. It is just that I read you shouldn't give them cows milk as a drink until they are 12 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back