Reintroducing cows milk

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
I was after some advice from anyone whose lo has had a intolerance to cows milk , Lucy is nearly 1 and I am wondering how you all introduced cows milk and how long before you gave cows milk to drink?? I have been slowly introducing petite felous and she has has a few bits of brioche but no milk as such yet. Do you think it's ok to try for instance a little bit of cheese sauce? So far she has been ok on what I've tried her with. My sister sneaked her a taste if cadburys fudge the other day!! X

i would say that if shes taking chocolate and petit filous ok then she should be ok. thats how we did it with johua nd then got braver and braver about what we tried. We did start with milk as an ingredient of food. Like chocolate, butter (nut pure regular butter on sandwiche) and then we we did loads of that. When we realied that realied he was fine we gave him a cheese sandwich for a lunch, then bits of cream in a sauce, then we tarted splitting his formula with half milk and now hes fine and on everything!!!!!

Id definitely give it a go but for a lunch or omething .We had to do it that way jic there was a reaction. If you want any advice pm if you want??!! Hope it goe well and let me know how you do xx

We did it in a very similar way to Squeakz. Introduced dairy/milky products first and then started adding small bits of milk to porridge (maybe half formula, half cows milk), then to his bottles. He coped really well and was about a year old. I think he was about 18 months before he was drinking sole cows milk.

We did try to introduce milk earlier on but it was VERY obvious that the intolerance was still there (disgusting nappies), then left it for a few months and then tried again. So you'll quickly know if Lucy isn't ready or if you are going to fast for her tummy.

If she's coping with yoghurt and chocolate and cheese, its a good sign - Good luck!

Yep exactly as they others have said. Just introduce it in foods and see how she is, like you have been doing. :)

Like you I started with yogurts and milk in mash potatoes etc and just built up from there.

Thanks for all the advise ladies. It's difficult to see what her nappies are like cause they have always been pretty foul!! I did mention this to the paediatrician in nov and she said it was the neocate??!!. Just tried her on a cheese string but she wasn't bothered !! Will try a wee bit of milk in the mash later!! Will keep u all posted thanks again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back