Baby Movements

lisaspoon

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

hope you and your bumps are all well! :D

Just wanted to ask what baby movements you are all feeling? (esp the 2nd/3rd time mums). This is my first baby so i'm unsure about whats normal etc..

Basically, I've been feeling flutters since Week 16 and this has gradually turned into small kicks and "bumps" from about week 21/22. I feel bubs kick etc every day...(some days are quieter) but I thought the kicks would be stronger than they are?! I do feel he/she all over my belly from up the top near my ribs, to kicking the delight out of my lower regions :lol:

I do have an anterior placenta (well according to my scan note - at the time my sonographer said it was round "this region" pointing to the left-ish side but wasnt sure if it was on the front or back of uterus....

Should I be overly concerned the kicks arent that strong yet? or will this come in time.... :think:

thanks ladies xxx :D

wish i could be more help hun, but im still not 100% im feeling movement or it might just be wishful thinking :oops: :oops:

i do have to keep reminding my self that they are still quite tiny lil things so would have to give an almighty kick to feel it hard

Lisaspoon - I was also told I had an anterior placenta and I feel George kick a lot internally - mainly my bladder, cervix and kidneys!! This morning he was kicking my side and that was quite a strong feeling.....

Some days he is a lot quieter than others, I am sure this is normal as they don't suggest you monitor kicks until 28 weeks as far as I know.

Jane x

All sounds quite normal to me.......and you are experiencing very similar movements to me!

The only time I feel very strong movements is when he is headbutting/punching my cervix and its absolute agony!!!

The rest of the time I feel strong movements but they are not painful and still all very low down (havent seen any limbs sticking out yet) - the highest I have felt movement is around my belly button (but then my baby has always been head down since the 20 week scan).

Ill let you know when the strong kicks start.....

reallyoldmum said:
I feel George kick a lot internally - mainly my bladder, cervix and kidneys!!

sorry just a quick question (dont want to hi jack you post lisa) does this feel kinda weird/uncomfortable? please dont laugh and say of course it does, cos i felt a funny kinda poke inside me dont really hurt but wasnt very nice, kinda in my bladder area this morning and was worried it might be something wrong, but havent felt it since so wonder if baby decided to roll into it or something

claire_louise said:
reallyoldmum said:
I feel George kick a lot internally - mainly my bladder, cervix and kidneys!!

sorry just a quick question (dont want to hi jack you post lisa) does this feel kinda weird/uncomfortable? please dont laugh and say of course it does, cos i felt a funny kinda poke inside me dont really hurt but wasnt very nice, kinda in my bladder area this morning and was worried it might be something wrong, but havent felt it since so wonder if baby decided to roll into it or something

:lol: thats ok you're not hijacking! I had similar feelings at about the 17/18 weeks mark, felt like the baby was constantly on my bladder and moving about down there! so much to the point i was convinced i had some sort of urine infection!
Once the uterus starts moving upwards though these sensations disappear :hug:

All perfectly normal! :hug:
I am having movement exactly the same as you and have been since 15 weeks. Still quite gentle bumps and this is my 2nd :D

Hiya.

Im feeling pumpkin a lot earlier than I felt James and the sensations have definitely got stronger in the past week from butterflies to kicks. Feels like he is kicking my spine and other internal organs but its not painful just an odd feeling!

When he kicks my bladder its like someone is squeezing it almost like an electric shock!! The worst is when he does it just when I'm trying to wee!! Dave says he is holding on to it as he plays with it like a ball!!!

Jane x

Is it wrong to be feeling my baby already? I went to see my husbands band play last night and the vibrations sent it fluttering so much that it was like little flicks against my belt, it was deffinitely the baby.

More evidence that the evil scan woman i had was wrong with my dates and i should have been here more than a week ago! :shakehead:

hi lisa!!
im getting the same sort of movements too!
i can feel definate kicks esp on an evening when im in bed (lol hes a night owl already like his dad!) :rotfl:
during the day hes pretty still or a get more flutters or light movements.
my placenta is over the top of him so the sonographer told me it would cushion his blows a little,but once he gets bigger and stronger i will feel them more.
(i saw my tummy move for the first time the other night in the bath!)
do you have a doppler??
i have recently been finding when i use it he moves more and i can feel the kicks/blows and hear them at the same time!

hope you are keeping well! :hug:

Im feeling LO kick everyday but some days he is quieter than others. I was getting a bit worried the last couple of days as I had not felt him much but I think it is because he has turned around coz he is kicking on the other side of my belly now. The kicks are still really low down I thought I would be feeling stronger kicks by now and higher up but I think it must be the way that he is lying! I use my doppler on his quieter days just to put my mind at rest! I was wondering when the kicks start to get stronger aswell coz my family are dying to feel him kick but he is still too low down at the moment for them to feel!

I'm only feeling soft kicks at the mo. Plenty of flutters and a few little thuds. Bursts of activity between long periods of stillness. No pain, as yet!

I also recently saw my belly move whilst in the bath. That's an amazing sight, it left me a bit awestruck :)

I think you have a couple of weeks yet before you start feeling the big kicks that your family and friends will be able to feel too. Wrigglebum moves tonnes and I am feeling loads but not enough to be seen or felt by anyone else yet a while.

thanks for all your replies and reassurance ladies :hug: :hug: :hug:

Clairebear - i do have a doppler and use it occasionally, but i get the feeling bubs doesnt like it as he/she seems to kick at it when i use it!! :lol:

Cant wait for the big kicks....should i be wishing that on myself??!!! :lol:

Heh.

I've heard too many tales of little feet drumming through the night and elbows ramming into ribs. I'm in no rush :D

lisaspoon said:
thanks for all your replies and reassurance ladies :hug: :hug: :hug:

Clairebear - i do have a doppler and use it occasionally, but i get the feeling bubs doesnt like it as he/she seems to kick at it when i use it!! :lol:

Cant wait for the big kicks....should i be wishing that on myself??!!! :lol:

he he!!
me too!
i cant wait til oh can feel them too!
yep im sure when we are being kept awake all night we will miss the kickless nights!

My OH can feel them he could feel them from about 20 weeks but because the kicks are quite low down I dont want anyone else putting their hands that far down yet! lol! Ill have to wait till there near my belly button for anyone else to feel them but as other ppl are saying I shouldnt really be wishing for the painful kicks to the ribs etc lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back