Council

nikkix

Reaction score
Well after writing to the council continuously about them giving us somewhere I finally had an email back today! We have to be out of our flat in March as there is no way we can afford it once im on maternity leave and im having to go back to work part time (coz of the cost of childcare!) so was worried we would be homeless with a newborn. They emailed me today to say they have booked us in with someone next week to discuss our options but I dont know if its a bit early to go down there yet as we dont need to be out till march?

Also they are asking me to bring down my payslips which is fine but thats for my full time wages plus loads of overtime so thats going to look like we can still afford to rent privately! Im worried its going to stop them from giving us somewhere :( Im nervous about going now lol

Don't have any advice hun, but just wanted to say best of luck :hug:

They may put you on a waiting list so it still might take a little while before they offer you somewhere. It's good that they are doing something though, I hope they get things sorted :hug:

Not sure if your landlord knows the situation but if you could go with a letter saying he is stopping the tenancy it would make you homeless giving you a better standing

Hi, I work in the industry so know a little bit about this...

To help, you will need:
An idea of what you will be earning - ask your work to confirm this in writing and take this with you
A list of outgoing (bills, food etc)
- You need for your outgoings to be higher than your income.

If you are renting privately the council will not rehouse you if you leave voluntarily. You need a letter from him confirming that he is ending your tenancy in March. He will need to confirm the reason.
Also take a copy of your tenancy agreement. The council will want to keep you where you are if pos - They may well offer to contribute to your current rent rather than find you something else.

Also, bear in mind that if you turn down 2 properties offered you will go back to the bottom of the list. This means you may have to consider areas or properties that are not as desirable as where you are now, therefore it may be easier if you council do offer housing aid for you to stay where you are if that is possible.

If there is an area you want to be, work out your arguements now - eg family, friends, childcare, work etc.

Hope this helps, good luck x

The council are rubbish, my bf and i are liveing out of boxes in my mum and dads house as we have no wardrobe and apparently we dont have enough points even if we did we were told we'd be at the bottom of the list.

Im SO angry with them so my advice is...

LIE LIE LIE

My mates bf lives in a 3 bed house with his mum so they have a spare room, shes 13 weeks pregnant and has been housed already cause she lied her way through!!

Sorry as u can tell im pretty bitter as my and my oh are going to be living on nothing when baby arrives :evil: lol xx

thanks for the advice its not that the landlord is making us homeless its just that coz of the cost of childcare I can only go back to work part time so thats why we wont be able to afford where we are currently living. I can see them saying no but even if they would offer us some of the rent towards a 2 bed flat I would quite happily carry on renting privately (we would need a 2 bed flat as we cant really have a one bed flat with a baby) Just hope they see it from our point of view!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back