I need a rant!! Sorry guys

nikkix

Reaction score
Im really depressed at the moment, me and my OH went for a meeting at the council today because were not going to be able to afford our flat anymore from march and we need a council place. It didnt go too well, they said the only thing we can do is move into howlands house which is like a hostel full of druggies and drunks until they have somewhere but god knows when that will be but we will be homeless from march otherwise. All I have been doing the past few weeks is crying I dont want the baby to live in that and now I dont know what to do but my OH is really laid back so I take the stress for everything and im finding it hard to cope im really fed up with everything. I need some hugs lol

Awwww hun thats horrible you shouldnt have to take all the stress on yourself :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

All I keep doing is crying I have my MW appt on monday so gonna talk to her about it then :(

Definitely have a good chat with your MW and Im not surprised you are so upset, having a baby is stressful enough without the added worry of having no-where to live!!

Im so sorry your in this position hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh hun, Im sorry, Im crap at the advice, but sending you huggles :hug:

Sorry but thats a load of crap- go back down the council and tell them you are not moving until they sort it out, you are pregnant so they have to get you temp accomadation until they find somewhere for you- And not a hostel!!!
If you were not pregnant than they would just tell you to go to hostels and give you a list but if you are pregnant/have childrena or mental illness then they actually do have to find you somewhere more stable than that!!! Keep at them and do not let them fob you off hun xx

They wont do anything till 28 days before we have to be out the flat which will be beginning of feb so im gonna go back down there then and put up a fuss i think. I hate being depressed and I know its not good for the baby but its just such a worry

I know its a worry but they will have to help you out, not sure if they still can but midwives used to be able to write letters for you to the council regarding stuff like this and getting things moving faster..so deffo chat to her about it and try not to get too stressed i know its easier said than done :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

They did tell me to see if I could get a letter from the MW or GP to say that Im depressed they said it might put my priority up a bit so Ill give that a go on monday, thanks :)

a friend of mine was living in a hostel while pregnant & waiting for a council property, if it's any consellation (sp?) she wasn't in the hostel long, about 4 months maximum.

call every day! become such a 'pest' to them that they get you sorted quicker. If you can get names of people you can speak to on a daily basic do it! it makes it more personal if you can speak to the same person everytime.

I know its not 'right' but i have friends who have found this is the only way to get it moving quicker.

oh, and moan away, don't say sorry- best to get it off your chest and written down than bottle it up! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry youre having such a hard time! my council are PANTS PANTS PANTS!! they think iim living in a car and still wont give me anywhere to live, not even a hostel!!! my housing situation is a nightmare at the mo and its really getting me down aswell hun!!! they really dont give acrap here, when the baby is born they said they will give me more points, as it operates on a bidding system with points and i dont have many!! not enough to get a hosue anyway unless its about 100 miles awayfrom my town and in a really bad hostel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back