Could this be the start?

NIE

Reaction score
All last week I have been emptying my bowels much more often and this morning I had a dose of the runs.

When I first woke this morning, I noticed a little blood on the toilet paper and then again 6 hours later. It's fresh bright red. I always thought that if it was my mucus plug that it would be more of a discharge.

I don't have any pains or other different feelings and I am wondering if this could be a sign that labour is starting.

i don't know, i'd phone your MW or labour ward though as your a little early.

Good luck :hug: :hug:

edit- also i was told to always call them if i have any blood.

Mayb it could I would do as the others have said and give your midwife a call. Good Luck! :hug: xxxxx

It could be a little tear in your bottom thats causing the blood especially since you've been going more often

Ring the midwife and good luck if it is the start!!!!!!!!!!!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It is abit early to be honest, although not unheard of. Phone your midwife and ask for a check :D

UPDATE:

I haven't had any further blood and still no pain.

I have been told by mums that the mucus plug can look like bloody snot and not what I had.

I have been wearing towels and pantyliners all the time, so maybe it was just a spot that has burst down there as the blood was only ever on the toilet paper. Think I will give the towels a rest for a few days.

I have my midwife tomorrow, so I'll see what she says. xx

pilkers said:
It could be a little tear in your bottom thats causing the blood especially since you've been going more often

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Just what I was thinking - esp if its fresh blood.

Just had another tiny bit of blood on the paper.

I am worried about it but I've read that it is possible to take up to a week to loose the mucus plug and also it could be a UTI.

I'm going to take it easy tonight and see what the midwife says tomorrow. xx

are you feeling bubs move?

if i were you i would be going to hospital hun....bleeding at anytime isnt normal xxx

i agree with the other girls.. blood at any time needs checking out

i'd call the labour ward just for some advise if you don't want to go in. Your MW will send you up there tomo any way if she decides not to check it out. My MW said before a certain week the labour ward needs to check all bleeds as MW are not allowed.

I know its hassle to go up there but its worth the peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back