Mucus Plug?.....Help

NIE

Reaction score
Girls.

Please help. There was a little bright red blood on the toilet paper this morning and again 6 hours later. Could this be my mucus plug?

I always thought that the mucus plug would be more of a blood coloured discharge.

How did you know that you had your show and what was it like?

Hiya hun, i didnt lose my plug with Glenn as i was induced but i did with the others and mine were like ..TMI!!...snotty jelly with bloody streaks in all three times it was the same, i havent had bright red blood, did it look or feel like jellyish? not clumpy but more slimey? if it did i would say you are starting to lose your plug, you can lose it slowly over a couple or few weeks, i lost mine just before labour started but i was further on than you, give the midwife a ring if you are worried hun just to put your mind at rest.x

My show was like clear jelly :puke:

I'd give your MW a call, I'm sure everything's fine but she can reassure you :)

Mine was like a period tbh... :think: I'd been bleeding in the first part of my pregnancy, then woke up one morning with contractions, and I went to the toilet and it was like I'd started my period... I phone the hospital though, and they told me to go in and get checked out.

I think that's probably the best thing for you to do NIE. :hug: :hug: :hug:

UPDATE:

Well I haven't had any further blood and still no pain. Baby is still giving me a bit of a hard time with loads of movement and I've heard him on the doppler. Sounds silly but maybe it was just a burst spot. I have been wearing towels and pantyliners all the time, so maybe it's time to give them a wee bit of a rest.

I have to see my midwife tomorrow and I'll see what she says, but by the sounds of it, it's not my mucus plug just yet.

Thanks for the replies. xxx

hey hun, sorry i missed this, good luck at ur mw app 2mro.
for what its worth, i dont think it sounds like ur show. perhaps the pantliners scratched u a bit and the blood is from a papercut? xx

mine was clear with red init and i had alot not loads just alot

Went to the midwife today and she said that it probably wasn't my show after all.

She thinks it was just a scratch or something, but the next time I experience any bleeding, I have to call the labour ward to be checked out.

Thanks for the response girls. xxx

Glad everything was ok in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back