Could anyone give me some advice?

maridunn

Reaction score
I am wondering whether or not we will be entitled to anything from the Tax Credits Office and/or the Maternity Grant place.

I worked from 14 April 2008, until 31st Jan when my temp contract ends. Hubby worked from April til end of July for an employer and then became self-employed.

Our earnings are: mine - £4800 approx
Hubby's from employment (Apr 08 - July 08) - £5000 approx
Hubby's estimated profits from self-employment - £7000

Will we be entitled to claim working tax credit and the higher rate of the child tax credit? And the maternity grant if we can get the higher rate working tax credit.

I've looked through all the forms etc and im confused! On one benefit calculator i did, it said if i applied today (i based it on this years income, but as if the baby was born last year, just to get a rough idea), i would get between 450 and 600 in child tax credit (being the award from now til april). would that mean we are entitled to the higher rate child tax credit?

any advice would be appreciated. i am not looking forward to filling out these forms in april!

Im not sure, tbh, Have you looked at www.entitledto.co.uk they tend to bequite good. Other than that, ring the tax credits and ask them to give you an idea of what you'd be entitled to

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back