cough medicine.

charlene09

Reaction score
Anybody know a cough medicine that is safe to take during pregnancy or have been told by a health proffesional that it is safe to take.

Hi hun, I don't think any cough medicines or cough sweets are safe during pregnancy. It's rubbish trying to shift a cough without. I found steaming worked for me. Hope u feel better soon xx

You can get Glycerine and Lemon (or blackcurrant) linctus. I got it from Boots, perfectly safe during pregnancy. Not the same as a cough medicine, but helps to soothe the cough etc.

I got given Simple Linctus by the chemist and told that's OK, it tastes vile. My cough won't shift, had it nearly 2 weeks now.

Simple linctus is safe. You can take a spoon or dilute it in hot water to make a tea.

My aunt swears by it even when not pregnant!! Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Just remembered but the MW told me strepsils are ok. Have you got another cough?? You've been getting them loads you poor thing! x

I rang maternity and asked them if honey and lemon is safe, because i had the cough for 6 days i got sent to accident and emergency and got told I infact have a chest infection and I have been prescribed amoxicilin x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back