Cotbeds are a rip off!

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

Isaac has a cot bed. A good investment we thought, he'll have it till he is 5 then he can have a standard single bed. Sounds all fine until you have to buy the bedding for them!!!!!! Yesterday I went to mothercare and bought some fitted sheets, 2 pillow cases, and a duvet cover and it came to over £50! This is only the second lot of bedding he has had since its not been a cot anymore so we've already got the quilt and pillow etc but its really really expensive to buy the sets and you need a couple incase of nightime accidents or just for when one is in the wash. I said to the girl at the checkout in mothercare "these are dear aren't they" and she said "we can be cheeky with the price because no-where else sells them". !! :wall:

I think cotbeds are a false economy.

rant over :)

Lou

I can totally relate to this!

We did our sons room in Next Patchwork Cars, but they only do the cotbed quilt that you don't change the cover on and they are about £35 each.
What we did in the end was bought a Cotbed quilt and pillow from Grattan (£12.99 Bargain!) then bought 3 blue brushed cotton cotbed quilt and pillow case covers for £14.00 each (New From an Ebay shop) then we cover that with the Patchwork cars blanket (£12.99). I think total amount for the bedding was about £70, which wasn't too bad considering we have three lots (But that doesn't include the sheets!)

Quite pleased with how it looks in the end, but your right, it is expensive!

PN9221460.jpg

does argos not sell them?
as they do all the baby bedding on buy one set get one set half price they are the bedding bundles and are about £20
may not be the best quality but they are only going to get puked/pooped on :D
manda xx

manda224 said:
does argos not sell them?
as they do all the baby bedding on buy one set get one set half price they are the bedding bundles and are about £20
may not be the best quality but they are only going to get puked/pooped on :D
manda xx

Argos sell the Cotbed quilts, not the quilt cover and pillow case sets. I like being able to change the quilt cover to wash it - Not keen on the idea of keep washing tha actual quilt and don't think they would wash too well wash after wash. I had a Little Bear quilt for the cotbed when he was in it as a cot, but it wasn't what I wanted for it once converted to a bed.

oh right i see lol biot early for me to be buying things like that still :D
just thought i see them in the catalouge
will keep my eyes peeled fo any deals though
manda xx

i got all mine from asda and tescos they were no dearer than normal cot bedding, but i have found that single flat sheets r much better

The only other place i've seen cotbed bedding is in boots and its just as expensive as mothercare. I didn't like the idea of the quilt with the cover that doesn't come off either. I wish we had bought an ordinary cot then bought Isaac an ordinary bed. The only good thing about his cotbed is the mattress we bought from mothercare. It was £100 but the cover zips off and can be washed then there is a wipe clean cover underneath. Will be handy for potty training soon!

The bedroom pics are lovely :wink:

Lou

Ive just bought a cotbet, the bedding does seem more expensive but i spose the bed last longer so thought that would make up for the added cost on bedding?

Anyways spose there are pro's and con's to everything :)

happy_chick said:
Ive just bought a cotbet, the bedding does seem more expensive but i spose the bed last longer so thought that would make up for the added cost on bedding?

Anyways spose there are pro's and con's to everything :)

When they are babies its not too expensive to buy the bedding. Its when you turn it into to bed and have to buy quilts, pillows and duvet covers, sheets and pillowcases. I think there is a lady on ebay that makes them to order. You just choose the fabric you want. Saw her ages ago, might look her up again.

Lou :D

Just googled cotbed bedding and that woman at mothercare lied to me. Other people do sell it. Babies r us sell a set for £24.99. I should have googled it first!!!!!!!! Still expensive compared to buying bedding for a single bed and the size diference but I won't be buying any more sets from mothercare!

Lou :D

well theres your answer.. dont buy anything in mothercare lol.. toyrsrus are miles cheaper with sheets.. 12.99 for 2 cot bed sheets..and charl had a single duvet folded back..she layed on half and folded the rest up over her..

wilkinsons sell very cheap cot.cotbed and moses baskets sheets cheap..

IKEA

duvet, pillow and covers about 20!!!! look on ebay lots of people sell them on there.

me i just use fleece blankets etc, dont bother with duvets

thanx guys gave me some ideas now :)

I just put a single duvet on our cot bed, width ways and then if he fell out, there was plenty duvet either side to cushion his fall. Throught the day, I just tucked the extra under the bed.

We used a single duvet because we couldn't find any 'big boy' bedding. It all seemed a bit babyish at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back