• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cot sleeping

MrsR

Reaction score
Seb's been sleeping in his cot for the past week! At first I'd pick him up at the first sign of him stirring but for the past 3 days I've just left him and he's completely settled himself! The only time I pick him up is if he cries (very very rare). I do miss him sleeping with me but I've really messed my already wrecked back up and I can't sleep in one position! Also it's given my relationship with OH a boost and I'm loving the chance to snuggle down with him! Must admit I still tend to cuddle Seb when he's sleeping during the day but I know that I can put him down in his moses basket and get on with things if I need to!

We're having to do this transition as well cos Freddie is getting too big for his moses basket. So we've put the basket in his cot for the past two weeks so he gets used to it, plus his cot is in another room (que added panics for me) as there's no room in ours. He's been fine, just got to go to the next stage now and remove the moses basket!

You get so proud of their little milestones don't you, it's a huge deal for us but for them I bet they just take it all in their stride.

Absolutely! I feel dead daft for feeling proud of him for doing something like sleeping in his cot! Lol!

My next problem is that, like your lo, Seb's outgrowing his moses basket so I'm wondering where to put him for daytime sleeps once he has outgrown it!

I've been really bad with Freddie's daytime naps, he dozes off in his bouncer or on his playmat, I don't put him in bed - going to have to start it soon though so I don't get problems later. I keep thinking, next week is the week but then something crops up like we have to go out or as at the minute our boiler is being changed so we only have heating in two rooms.

Maybe next week will be the week!

cant you get one of those birth to toddler chairs and if he wakes he has some entertainment? i'm considering getting one for Harvey as he's not keen on his bouncy chair!!! I am going to have to do more of this as i was so tired last night i let him sleep on me!!!

There's always something that stops the week being the week! Lol! I find that happens all the time!

Yeah, will have to start popping him in his cot during the day x

cant you get one of those birth to toddler chairs and if he wakes he has some entertainment? i'm considering getting one for Harvey as he's not keen on his bouncy chair!!! I am going to have to do more of this as i was so tired last night i let him sleep on me!!!

Very possible x Seb hates being confined though so I'm not sure how well it'd go down x could but try I suppose x

he's sleeping in my arms at the moment.... doh. Feel a bit selfish as he is so snuggly and warm though!

Very possible x Seb hates being confined though so I'm not sure how well it'd go down x could but try I suppose x

Harvey's the same!!! But they look like they are not as steep as the other chairs!! And it will last him till he's a toddler too!! The one i was recommended was the fisher price one!!

Ooooh will take a look when I'm in town (weather permitting) tomorrow! x

he's sleeping in my arms at the moment.... doh. Feel a bit selfish as he is so snuggly and warm though!

me too, I love it too much in the day even though ive got a mound of housework to do :lol:

I have to admit I very often find myself sat on the couch with Seb asleep in my arms! x

it is the cutest thing when they start to wake up and they scrunch themselves up and stretch their arms, the ironing looks very forgotton and forlorn, i've attempted the same basked two mornings in a row and done about two bits before succombing to my son's charms. i figure i'll have plenty of time for ironing when he's 16 and he's going through the phase of hating his parents.

Ironing?! What's that? x lol! The only time ironing has been done in my house in the last 5 weeks is when the hv was due round and OH wanted to make a good impression so he did it whilst she was there! x I'm managing washing and hoovering and cooking but ironing was the first thing to not get done! (I hate it anyhoo)! X

:rofl: I havent ironed anything since he was born :blush: I get it all folded out the tumble dryer. THe only things need doing are OHs work shirts and frankly hes a grown man, he can do it himself!

Lol tiny!!! That's what I tell my OH! If he wants something ironed then he can darn well iron it himself!!! Well Seb is fast asleep in his cot! I'm knackered so I'm chilling out in bed too x

Well, Freddie's not asleep, think he dozed for about 10 minutes, but he is in his proper cot (no moses basked) for 'naptime!!' for the first time ever, so i've had my lunch listening to his cute gurgles over the monitor, he's got about 25 mins to go for the full hour so fingers crossed!

scared to go and do the washing up in case the clattering disturbs him but really have to do something constructive in this time

wish us luck!

oooh good luck. I need to get Morgan to sleep, Im still not dressed!! I think feed now then into his cot and see what happens!!

Cahal is sleeping soundly in his second nap of the day :) he's great at sleeping during the day it's just the nighttimes we need to work on lol! I think I gave birth to a nocturnal baby lol

We're still on a roll with his cot sleeping so we're starting bedtime routine tonight! Yay! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back