cot bumpers

beckyNbump

Reaction score
Hiya, im 32 weeks pregnant and due July 26th, Ive got everything I need now for the baby but Im not sure whether or not to get a cot bumper. Ive heard on one hand that they increase the risk of cot death and read in different places that it lowers the chance of cot death, confusing. What do you suggest?

Personally I didn't have one, not only does the risk of cot death increase, but in this weather you'll want the air circulating around the cot. Also in a few months the baby will be trying to climb up it so you have to take it off anyway!

I have one but was more for decoration purposes and like urchin says it will be off in a few months!

i put Diors cot bumper n from birth and it stayed on and is still on now, as she used to wriggleup to the top of the cot and bang her head on the wood.
and it useed to stop her dummy falling out between the bars

i bought them aaliyah but took them of after a few days only just out them back on xx

dionne ditto the dummy thing!!!! Isla is a wriggler and wedges herself in the corner, the cot bumper protects her head!

I have put2 cot bumpers, so that the whole cot is safe, Maheen wriggles a lotr now at night, and she could bang her head as well as the rest of her body! we hear a lot of noise at night, so don't want her to be hurt!

Maheen has been in her cot since night 3, so it's not been dangerous for her :wink:

Mel xx

I won't use cot bumpers. I did consider putting them up when Kai starting to become more active. But I spoke to someone who said what do I prefer Kai banging his head or the alternative. For me the risk is too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back