Scan tomorrow and I don't know what to do..

littlemuffin

Reaction score
As the title says we have our scan tomorrow. My DH is at uni and on a "study week" - So we were allowed to have the scan this week so he could come. It was already booked for today when they thought I was due on the 6th March, so the midwife didn't change it.

But it's the same old story with me at the moment. I am 50/50 if I want to find out what we are having.

There is the no I am staying team yellow side, and can wait until March, as this is what I always though that I would do.

But the other side, is finding out. Of course I want to know what we are having, how could you not in a little way. But the pratical side as well. As the DH is at uni, he doesn't work, so I am funding the baby, so being pratical, there is a lot of gender clothes I could get, and blankets, bedding, nursery. This could save me money before I get my low SMP when the baby is here. Also the Hubby really wants to know.
My family really doesn't want to know, so I have said to him, IF we find out can he keep it a secret, and only we know. He has said this is not possible, as his best friend is going out with my sister, and he would want to tell him, also he would want to tell his mum, and she would blab it. Which I feel a little let down by him, as I would still want the surprise for everyone else. Which then make me a bit stubborn (which has happened a lot recently) and thinking well if he is going to tell everyone then we are not going to find out!

STUCK

If there's a lot of folk you don't want knowing, I think I'd be tempted to stay yellow.
I've not quite made up my mind what I'm doing yet - my oh wants to know simply so if it's a boy I'll stop bugging him with girls names.

Sounds harsh - but can u give ur oh an ultimatum - it's keep quite or team yellow. Maybe let him tell best friend & sis, but that they can't tell his mum who won't be quiet! That's prob not much help, sorry.

Xxx

see i was like that before i found out i already knew i was having a boy and hubby wasnt sure! just do whats right for you hun i've found people are quite understanding when it comes to pregnancy, i found out purely because i work full time and i want everything prepared now because when i take my maternity leave i'm gonna be lazy and catch up on my rest! :) lol

I don't know if this helps at all... But for my daughter (who is 4) I was adamant I didn't want to know. I kept telling people that I wanted the lovely surprise when I met my baby after 9 months. At the 20 week scan I blurted out "is it a boy or girl?" before I had even realised what I was saying! I was informed I was having a girl and I burst into tears, and had that wonderful experience 20 weeks earlier than I had thought I would!
Then at the birth I remember finally meeting my little girl! I remember having such an amazing feeling toward her and the fact that I knew she was a little girl before the birth didn't ruin that wonderful moment at all!
She still remained nameless for 2.5 days because I just couldn't work out which name that I liked suited her best!

I also told everyone else that she was a girl, but as far as I saw, everyone felt exactly the same as me about her. Just finally meeting her was the exciting part. I know this may sound weird, but other people other than me and my daughter's dad didn't really care what gender she was. The two people that it really affects are mummy and daddy not anyone else!

I don't know if it would be the same for you, but I say find out... It's fabulous and don't worry about who else knows. Imagine all those gorgeous little outfits you will get as Gifts as people are prepared for the little girl or boy that you are having! That will definitely help your finances no end, I promise you!
Good luck xxxx

Thanks for the advise. I think I have a feeling I will see what happens tomorrow. I could be in my I don't what to know mood. I have had a lot of people tell me, people will get you things when the baby is born, but I don't have a massive group of friends, so there wont be loads of people around me.

It's not something I am really going to make my mind up about.

I say if he can't keep it quite then he shouldn't know! I've already said to my OH if he doesn't think he'll keep quite then i don't want him knowing! I don't want ANYONE to know...if i had it my way i would tell the sonographer to leave and let me look myself! But thats not going to happen! I've even thought about just asking her to have a look but don't say anything--because i would be able to tell and i know OH wont! :)

I'm kind of thankful that he is being honest. But if I had it my way, we would find out tomorrow and would keep it a secret. I just think it would be a nice thing for them all to find out when it happens. So probably staying team yellow.

I was tempted to find out but now as it gets closer to the end im glad i don't---- i want that moment after all that hard work to see for myself what the baby is... as he/ she is handed to me, i also want the announcment to be after the baby is here with a name and sex, weight... plus its still exciting to guess and i get all giddy still,
Ive bought all clothes that are neautural but then again i don't like blue or pink really, im going to just get hats in the colour for there sex once LO is here...
Its up to you tho hun if you want to know then find out but in my experience i like beeing team yellow even tho at the 20 week scan i was tempted... oh and the midwifes seem to get excited when you tell them you don't know what your having i think because its so common for them to know now that they must like a little supprise after looking after you for nine months lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back