Coping with miscarriage

Laura1982

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I found out on Friday at my 12 Week scan that my baby didn't have a heart beat, it came as a complete shock to me and my husband.
We had been trying for 5 months and this was our first baby.
I started bleeding the next day and was admitted to hospital for which seemed like a life time. I was poked and prodded for three days and given medical management tablets to help me pass what was our baby.
I am now out of hospital but had to endure contractions and see what was our baby on my own, it happened at 5am and my husband wasn't there at the time. I have never felt so alone, I feel so emotional, I keep thinking it'll be ok. But i loved my baby I spoke to it every day it was part of me. How do you cope ? When will the pain go away?

X

:( I'm so so sorry for your devestating loss xxx

Massive hugs hun I found out in a similar way at my first scan x I was 14 odd weeks...it does get easier mine was 16months ago now and I do get sad but you learn to accept x the airport story always made me feel better let me bump it for you

Time is a great healer...sounds cliche but it is true x

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

Im so sorry for your loss honey, it is truely devastating! It does get easier then but yoh need time to grieve. Take care of yourself and your hubby. Make some you time!!!

Thanks Everyone, yes think its time to grieve then maybe try again when were ready x

Hi, I went for a twelve week scan at the start of last year to find out baby had died a couple weeks before. I have had a couple miscarriages but found that one the hardest to get over. I had the tablets to and passed the baby into a pot when I went to the toilet, those tablets are horrid aren't they. It is so hardbut you do get over it, make sure you give yourself time to recover if you do want to try again when you feel better. I think that's what helped me was focusing on trying again. Hope your ok xx

Thanks Abi yes its the emotional side im finding difficult but I only had my scan 6 days ago, need to give it time. Its nice to talk to other people who have been in the same boat as me. xx

Hi hon, I'm so sorry for your loss!!

I have had 5 miscarriages in the past and they hurt each time but it does get easier to deal with though the pain never really goes away, it's always niggling away at you like a persistent toothache but you learn to deal with it!

When you feel up to it, you can start trying again but only when you are ready babe, it's a lot to go through, physically and emotionally!!

Look after yourself x

I, had two at 11.5 weeks in a row. It's so unbelievably hard but believe me, it gets better. It is so horrific as a process and no one ever talks about it so when it happens to someone it's a complete shock. I've always said that miscarriage should be be taboo. The shock at the harshness of the process itself contributes to half of the grief you feel. Every emotion you will be feeling is entirely normal, be kind to yourself and take time to mourn your loss. These things do happen and know that nothing you could have done would have changed it.
In my thoughts, feel free to pm me if you need a sounding board xxx

Thank you girls,
Leean I am so sorry you have had to go through this 5 times, my heart goes out to you. Do you have a child now?
I know it hurts like hell now but I am coping better today I have only cried once.
I just want my boobs and tummy to go down then maybe I can move on.
I'll never forget my little poppy seed though.
Love to you both
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back