contractions !??

charlotte89

Reaction score
right girls, this might seem like a totally stupid question but how do i tell the difference between 'just period type cramps' to regular strong contractions?? iv been experiencing these reaallyy strong cramps in the middle of the night for the past two nights but they are only lasting like half hour, unless im sleeping through most of them?? i just wanna know exactly what i should be expecting to feel?? so i know when to actually say to myself 'well this is it, its happening' lol xx

I had nocturnal contractions for about 3-4 days they would come on while asleep and wake me - to regular mild pain with tightening every 10 mins - I could time them and guess when the next one was about to start and it would right on que! but if I got up and walked about they would soon ease off and stop. But then on the last night the same happened, but this time when I got up and walked about, they didn't stop, and they got stronger and stronger - and no matter what I did they didn't ease up!

So I would say if they're not staying, getting longer, stronger and closer together - they are not true labour contractions - you can have slow labour though!

If in doubt you could get seen at your hospital, they would put you on a trace for a bit and monitor - that would show up contractions :)

hope you're ok

There's lots of different types of 'practice' contractions. But true active labour you really can't miss.

I know everyone says that, but as someone who had false labour for 3 days, when it changes you know!

thanks ladies :D i kept thinkin this as well , they would get worse and wouldnt stop but just wanted to know what these pains were id been havin cuz they just get my hopes up and irritate me! lol the period type cramps started at 37 weeks and have got stronger and more regular ever since xx

I found that contractions will take your breath away while bh were more like period cramps. I was in slow labour for 2 days xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back