Contemplating...

naomi88

Reaction score
... getting another puppy. Lola will be 2 years old next month. She's a cavalier king Charles, and I love her to bits, but we've been thinking for a while that it might be nice to get her a playmate. Hubby works shifts so she's not on her own very often, but when she is, think it might be nicer for her if she had company.

Seen another cavalier for sale about an hour away from where we live.

BUT can't seem to make our minds up... not sure if we're just trying to fill the hole left by the mc, and also will be a big commitment having a puppy again (and we've just moved so if the new puppy is a chewer she might ruin our new furniture!).

If we want the puppy for sale we are going to need to act quick or we'll lose out. Can't seem to come to a decision though!

My thinking is, if we want to get another one, now is probably the time to do it, as it will be at least 9 months until baby is here, which gives us time to do the training etc.

Ahhh decisions!

I say do it hun if you can do it :) I got a kitten for our cat to play with and I was feeling down about ttc
Xx

Thanks hun. Yeh thinking it will give me something else to focus on other than ttc...

Just tricky really- don't know whether Lola will be really happy to have company, or whether she'll be put out that she's not getting all the attention anymore... Hard to know what the best thing to do is really!xx

Do it! Do it! We grew up with a King Charles and he was the most amaaaaaazing dog! Daft as a brush but the most living wee thing, so i bet lola is too. Whether its to fill a gap or not, it'll still be well loved I'm sure x x

Do it! We bought our second dog around the time our baby should of been born. It was the best thing we could of done. Our first dog is a Bernese mountain dog and the second a chocolate lab. The Bernese wasn't too keen to begin with but now they hate being apart. If it's really what you want you'll find a way to make it work x

Ha thanks girls!!
Will have a look through finances today and make a decision tonight when hubby gets home from work :)

Keep swaying between 'yes' and 'no' still at the moment! xx

We have two dogs now and they love each other so much. Can relate to the filling the hole though, we've been a bit extravagant after our mcs :/ and last week we were very close to getting a tortoise (random).

I think if your other dog is 2 now, it should be a good influence on your pup and really whats the difference between 1 or 2? Unless theyre like mine lol xxx

I doubt Lola will be upset about sharing the attention for long, theyre pack animals after all :)

Random, where abouts in s.wales r u? Xxx

I would absolutely do it. My first dog was 5 when we got our pup, she was a bit annoyed at first but she made sure the pup knew she was leader of their pack and now they are best friends, they are always together. The pup is 2 now and its the best thing I did cos I knwo they have eachother when I am out x

I doubt Lola will be upset about sharing the attention for long, theyre pack animals after all :)

Oo you're South Wales too are you? I was Cardiff til recently, now in Bridgend. From bassaleg in Newport originally. What about you? X

Oo you're South Wales too are you? I was Cardiff til recently, now in Bridgend. From bassaleg in Newport originally. What about you? X

I'm originally from by Birmingham but not too far from Barry now :) xxx

We're not too far away from each other then! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back