Consultant today...**UPDATED**

Emma58

Reaction score
This afternoon at 3.30pm I'm having an appointment with a consultant after finding out last week I have low amniotic fluid and the baby is smaller than he should be.

I'm really nervous because I don't know what to expect or what will happen.

Well that was interesting my consultant almost seemed as though he wasn't quite sure as to why I'd been referred to him!

He kept asking me if there was anything wrong then told the nurse to take my blood pressure (which has dropped low again 90/60 (and explains why I'm feeling off colour at the moment) then he tried to find baby's heartbeat but he was moving around so much he gave up.

Basically he said he doesn't think from feeling my stomach that the baby is too small and he is just on the edge of the chart and just likely to be a small baby. And as long as I feel plenty of movement and don't lose any fluid then all is OK

I have to go back in to weeks to be checked again. I'm a bit mad that the people I saw last week scared the cr@p out of me and made it out as though it was a major problem.

:shock: I've forgot his name I think it is Mr Lydon or something like that.

I had Mr Tyrell when I was having George.

That's lucky!!

I can't believe i've forgot the name of mine I have just had a quick look and its not on my maternity notes either.

Good luck for your appointment, hope you get some answers and your mind is put at rest :hug:

:hug: Thanks everyone.

I'm terrified they say I have to stay in, or they will induce me early or something.

I'll update this evening when I'm back.

Good luck hun, they'll most probs have you in now for weekly scans and keep an eye on you. They'll try and keep baby in as long as poss as long as blood and heartbeat well.

Im seeing mine friday for another scan and i think im gonna be kept in as the blood flow through the cord had gone down since last week.

:hug: :hug:

Emma58 said:
:shock: I've forgot his name I think it is Mr Lydon or something like that.

I had Mr Tyrell when I was having George.

hi emma - i had mr lydon check my heart as i have a heart murmur when i was 36 weeks preg and kept getting palpatations, he was really thorough, im sure all is well as he says :hug:

He was called Mr Linden :oops: I was nearly right!

He didn't come across as your usual consultant he was really down to earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back