Great Consultant Appointment!

babyelmo

Reaction score
I had a brilliant day yesterday! I had to see my new consultant yesterday to have all new bloods taken as i've moved to a new area, and a scan to check baby's position as the midwife was sure he was still breech on Monday.

Well, it turns out that he has at last turned! Talk about leaving it til the last minute!! They did warn me though that he is unlikely to be a small baby, they estimate he's currently 7lb 9oz!!:shock: Because i'm so massive but i've barely gained any other weight she checked the fluid levels, and for gestational diabetes but everything's fine, he's just a little chunky monkey!!

My consultant was a lovely man. I explained the amount of agony i'm in with spd and he examined me (ouch :( ) and has recommended that I have a sweep at 39 weeks to get things started as he's not happy for me to go 11 days overdue again as I did with my daughter.

The hospital i'll be having the baby in is brilliant too. All the staff we spoke to were lovely, they've got a midwife-led unit which I'm hoping to have a water birth in too.

All in all it was a very positive appointment and i'm so very relieved that it's unlikely I will need a c-section! Though the thought of delivering a 9lb + baby is a bit eye-watering.... :)

That's great that u had such a positive appointment!
Always makes ya feel better when someone understands ur needs x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ahhh that's brilliant news. Sounds like your new consultant is on the ball xx

Thank you! I really cannot speak highly enough of this hospital, the staff have all been brilliant, I feel really happy and confident with them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back