Consultant today and growth scan

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
Hi guys

today I had my last growth scan then saw the consultant.

Baby is now average rather then in bottom percentile which would make sense as my bump is pretty big now, wish i could put pics on this laptop and show you.

Anyway, after two sleepless nights of period pain, back pain and irregular tightenings I mentioned this to the consultant esp with being 5 days over.
We discussed induction methods. We also discussed dates as my date going by when we TTC is:

3rd May - this would make me the same as Tilly. :D

they put me originally at 23rd April 10 days further forward.

So, bearing this in mind he said it would be unwise to induce me before I was ready and baby was ready as it can cause more intervention if the body is not ready, I knew this but at the same time I don't want to risk going over my original due date in case that one is correct and the placenta stops working.

Therefore, we came to a comprimise and booked my induction for the 7th May, this is exactly 2 weeks after my orginial due date and 4 days after my own due estimated due date.

I feel this is probably a good time as not sure how much more I can take.

I hope I have made a good decision for me and baby.

Oh and he also 'tried' to give me a sweep, my cervix was shut and high but quite soft but because my body is probably not ready it was quite sore and he only managed to do 1/2 the sweep, he said I can ask my midwife in a few days if I would like it done again but to be honest like Tilly said in Manda's post I think getting hubby to perform his maritial duties may be just as beneficial and not as sore. I don't think sweeps are meant to be sore it was just because my body is not ready for it yet as if my dates are correct I am not overdue.

Sorry this is such a long post, just wanted to keep everyone up-to-date

Quite fed up but trying to stay positive....
x

aww I just did a post to you asking how everything went :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im glad you managed to compromise on a date :) Deffo go for some sex, that helps to soften the cervix, its working for me...sorry if tmi :oops: but Im losing tons of plug everytime after so something is happening :dance: :dance: <<<< shame I cant convince OH to do some of that action up there too :lol:

your induction is booked for the same day as my sweep actually! They gave me the appointment for Wed 7th so I'll be 40+4 hopefully neither of us will need inducing of sweeping...fingers crossed and legs open :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: xxx

Glad to hear things went well today :hug: :hug: Good you were able to talk and agree things with the Doctor. Nice he was understanding and listened to what you had to say :)

I think you've done a sensible thing anyways. You've thought of all the possibles and reached a good solution for yourself, baby and the due date wonkiness

:hug: :hug:

i think youve made a good decision :hug: :hug:

my sweep didnt hurt at all, but i was in latent stage of labour at that point

thanks guys

i hope so, my cervix should not be shut at this stage tho, have not lost any plug....don't know how i can interest OH he is very tired at work and not comfortable with it, even the doc recommeded it. I have been inserting evening primrose but just realise how i have so not been putting it up far enough ! my cervix is very high

mm- did you do anything to bring on labour ? I know you lost your plug
x

it happened once id given up on it happening and was starting to imagine what it would be like being induced in hospital!

I honestly don't think anything i did helped to bring on labour. i was stuck in latent phase with irregular contractions for hours and it took a sweep to sort that out. I then had to have my waters broken in established labour to speed things up, i think without the sweep i could have niggled on with irregular contractions for another day

how are you today hun?
sorry the sweep didnt go to plan but its sounds like you made the right decision!!!!!
i hope you go into natural labour before your induction :pray:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back