Consultant Appt & GTT

mdsremos

Reaction score
Well, had my GTT done this morning, my right arm is really bruised and sore now but at least she hit the vein first time.
I was surprised to have a scan and saw little man all curled up asleep for a change, measurements were done again and still 2 weeks ahead but no concern there.
Sat down with a Junior Dr who was lovely and fully discussed that we want an elective section and completed the relevent forms then she discussed everything with the Consultant who came to say hello and agreed that its our choice and more than happy for date to be scheduled at further appointment at 36 weeks for scan and confirmation of choice. Only thing that surprised me was that they have changed policy on elective dates, saying has to be done at term plus now not 39 weeks so risk of going into labour. Was even asked if I wanted to consider scheduling section date for when overdue...whats all that about!!! I had DS bang on his due date so expect to maybe be a little early on exact again but to consider going into labour then rushing to the hospital for a section seems ridiculous and such a risk. Mentioned it to the midwife who took my second lot of bloods and she was shocked saying they were still scheduling women at 39 weeks only last week and policy must have changed today...she said not to worry and just see what happens over the GTT results and the 36 week appointment.
Was disappointed I didnt get the section date as another woman I know due on the same date got hers for 6th December :(

Hey hon, that does seem odd. I thought when an elective section, they went slightly early to keep it simple.... x x x

Blimey that does sound a bit strange to be honest, I am not due till Jan 12th and I already have my elective date at 39 plus slightly, which they used to do at 38 plus, but to let you go to term plsu, seems silly, as there is a good chance labour will be started by then.

I would push the point at the next appointment, is your friend booked in for same hosp , (the one with matching due date?).

Friend is booked at the same hospital and the midwife who took my GTT bloods is her mother, it's a small world. Will certainly bring it up at the 36 week consultant appt cos we willbe setting the date that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back