Any having a planned secion???

hipchick5

Reaction score
is anyone having an elective section, got my date last week, im the 19th of june, i will be 39 weeks plus 2 days! ( i have a small pelvis and cudnt give birth last time) was meant to have the 17th but they are too busy.. whats ur date and reason why?? xx

Looks like I may be having a planned section as this baby is still determined to be breech... I don't know my date yet but my MW says they do it in the week you are due here so you are 40+x. that'll be the week of the 30th June-4th July for me.

Although I am still holding onto that glimmer of hope that this baby will turn!!

J
XX

Tick-Tock said:
Looks like I may be having a planned section as this baby is still determined to be breech... I don't know my date yet but my MW says they do it in the week you are due here so you are 40+x. that'll be the week of the 30th June-4th July for me.

Although I am still holding onto that glimmer of hope that this baby will turn!!

J
XX

I'm pretty sure you can try and have a natural birth even if baby is still breech, it doesnt have to end in C-section, though i think theres a much higher chance of ending in one :(

abcd1234 said:
Tick-Tock said:

J
XX

I'm pretty sure you can try and have a natural birth even if baby is still breech, it doesnt have to end in C-section, though i think theres a much higher chance of ending in one :(

Yeah, apparently with my PCT it depends on which obstetrician you get, some will, some won't. And it depends on their experience. As my midwife says, do you want to risk it with an inexperienced person... I'm hoping they'll at least let me try... but won;t know until 37 weeks.

From what i understand it depends on what breech the baby is (both legs tucked up, one tucked up etc)

Also, like you said, depends on experience of doctor.

I think there is also a higher incidence of fetal distress. Sometimes deformity (I think - read it when baby was breech at last scan)

I have been told they can sometimes have to make some tough decisions with breech. Hence why c section is usually the way forward.

I guess they will try turning the baby at 36+ weeks first!

Good luck though :hug:

And good luck with your electice hipchick5 :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back