36 week consultant appointment

Jamie

Reaction score
I saw my consultant this morning, it was to basically make sure my blood pressure etc is fine & that I'm not getting pre-eclampsia again like last time, because I wanted a VBAC..so they said they'd see me at 36 weeks to make sure all was well before anything could be arranged

Thankfully BP etc is all fine :) He gave me two options, one to book an elective ceasarean, telling me there is a risk of 1/200 of a scar rupture if I give birth normally, or I can try and have a normal birth..

I really want to avoid another section, but it looks like a lot of things have to go right for me to be able to deliver normally!! I have to go into labour spontaneously (they won't induce because the risk of scar rupture is a lot higher), I have to go into labour before 40+12 (an elective section is being booked for me on 25th Oct, which is 40+12 for me). I have to make progress within 4-6 hours otherwise they won't let me stay in labour they will send me in for a section. I'm not allowed a home birth or a water birth.. It also sounds like they are going to want to monitor the baby constantly so I don't know if I'll be having to lie down on the bed the whole time :shock: I was hoping to walk around and remain quite mobile! :( So hearing all this I didn't know whether I'd be better off asking for an elective section instead!! at least I'd have a date to see my LO then :)

I did find out that baby is definitely head down and 4/5th engaged yay :D

So I have to go back on 10th Oct, where they will officially book the section for the 25th, and if I haven't shown signs of going into labour they will do a stretch and sweep *shudder* does that hurt as much as people say? :? And am I allowed to request a woman does it, as my consultant is a man?? :D

Basically praying for LO to make an early appearance and a quick one so I can avoid a lot of stress hehe :D :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back