Consultant appointments..what happens?

xSebbiesMumx

Reaction score
I have a consultant appointment in December, I know it's a way away but I always like to be prepared and go into things with my eyes open!

Midwife has said I'm considerably low risk but with my BMI being 31 point Something I have to have that God awful glucose test (didn't have it with my first..probably because I was skinnier probably :lol: )

My first labour ended with an amber emergency c section and labour dystocia (I think it was called) and a 1,000ml blood loss (pint and a bit I think lol!)..for my second labour I really want another c section as I think my body doesn't react well to labour as it was over 32 hours before I got my c section :lol: :/

So..for someone who is completely clueless about consultant appointments..what happens during those appointments? Will I have a more definite day my baby is coming or will that come later on in pregnancy?

Hiya hun,
Consultant app is just to check on you, check your notes from last time and see if their is a risk of anything like it happening again. It will be to book your gtt and talk through risks ect with you.
Your section date if they give you one will come at about 30 weeks plus app unless you have a history of early deliveries!
Most of the time your sat waiting for a consultant for longer than they are actually with you in the room lol.
Hope things go a bit smoother this time for you x x

Last edited:
Hi Lovely,

I think consultant appointments are less exciting than they sound. My first pregnancy was consultant lead simply because it was an ivf pregnancy.

I first saw the consultant at 16 weeks, the day after I’d had the 16 week midwife check. The consultant basically did all the same checks that the midwife did the day before!

It’s good to be checked over by as many professionals as possible, but that’s just my opinion.

I guess the consultant will be able to answer more of your questions regarding risk and delivery than a midwife will, so make a list of everything you want to know and put it in your book. I hope this helps xx

My consultant appointment was about 30mins. Went over my previous delivery and complications and was decided I would need another c-section. I was only 21 weeks but booked in for my c-section there so I know what date baby will be here now, unless earlier of course! Also did blood pressure checks, urine etc and put my growth chart and 20week scan notes in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back