Consultant today

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Don't know what to expect. Wasn't 100% planned to be under consultant care but thanks to that idiot in a&e wanting to operate on me at 15 weeks and scaring the frigging life out of me am now under a consultant.

I have loads of questions about my birth plan and whether it will be c-section or natural or what. Might even get a scan because of my cysts.....here's hoping, would be nice to see the little boy who has been kicking me to bits :D.

Does anyone have an idea what I can expect? Got midwife this afternoon for 28 week check so 2 appointments in one day :roll: xxxxxxxxx

I'm having a consultant appointment next week to discuss birth an antenatal care. She said she will look through my old notes and make a decision on which birthing method she wants me to have. I just know she will see vaginal though. She has adamantly been saying vaginal birth since the beginning.

Hope it all goes well honey! Let us know!!!
Xxx

Yeah I will do thanks hunny. What would you prefer? I'm surprised she would plump for vaginal birth for you cos of LO's stress levels. Although I suppose in labour they kind of know what's happening rather than being whipped out all of a sudden lol.

If someone had lifted my duvet and picked me out of bed this morning I'd have screamed my heart out too lmao xxxxxxxxx

Lol! Absolutely... God it's such a nasty process this whole birthing thing isn't it - for us and our poor LOs.
I personally would prefer c section bearing in mind that my little petal may struggle with pushing and may get tired or stress her little heart out. However, with all of the knowledge of my LO my consultant team (3 of them!) all say that vaginal birth would be best for both me and her.

I think they think that I am naive and think that c section would be 'easy'. Actually, the truth of it is, if I do have a c section, I know how rough it'll be. I know it'll be a nightmare not being able to pick heavy things up (including my 4 year old!) not being able to drive (I am not very good at being reliant on other people and HATE staying in the house for too long. I also know there is a lot of pain that comes with the section. But with all of that in mind, I would rather that, than put any stress on little lady at all! It would be my choice to take the stress to stop her from potentially going through any!

We will see though! What would you prefer?

Hey Babybrain. I'm under consultant care too although I don't have to see them again til 40+5. I had to have growth scans every 4 weeks or so because I had cysts too. They don't really talk about whether you want a c-section again or not unless you're determined you want a c-section, otherwise they go through the risks nearer the end. But I guess everyone's different.

I have my 38wk appointment with mw today, got lots of Qs gonna have to bring a list. OH is coming too and he hasn't been able to come to any other appointments I think he needs to ask some questions he's scared.

I'd prefer a Star Trek Transporter where I press my belly button and Bertie appears in front of me. However, until evolution catches up with my birth plan lol I'm in two minds. I don't want the recovery time of a c-section but if my back breaks again during labour it would be just as bad if not worse. I'm stuck between a dog and a lamp post tbh.

I'm sure they recommend what's best for us both and I suppose if push doesn't come to shove lol we can have emergency c-section. It's all so confusing!!!!!! xxxxxxxx

Good luck jojo, hope you get your questions answered. My OH is scared of my mw lmao so he doesn't come with me, just passes messages on through me :D xxxxxxxxx

I am under consultant care too because I'm old :) saw him last week had growth scan cause I'm measuring 5 weeks ahead had antiD and was examined. Back again in 4 weeks for another scan then another one 4 weeks after to check growth and position as LO is breech xx

I'd prefer a Star Trek Transporter where I press my belly button and Bertie appears in front of me!!!!! xxxxxxxx

now that's the sort of birth I would like too!! :)

I have been under consultant care as my platelet levels have been very low, meaning my blood might not clot properly so increased risk of bleeding at birth. So far my levels haven't dropped dangerously low, so fingers crossed all will be well. Just means I've had to have loads of extra blood tests.

Cos my dad has had blood clots and my nan died of one I've had a haematology midwife type person involved but so far *touchwood* my bloods are fine. I suppose we all just have to wait and see what occurs really.

Sometimes I wonder if the ignorance of the past was better in some ways, when women just got pregnant and popped them out in the fields lol xxxxxxxxx

Glad your bloods are all fine so far :). I agree, sometimes what you don't know can't hurt you, but the more you know about what might go wrong, and the more tests you have, the more stressed you get. But on the other hand, it is reassuring to know that we are being cared for well and that they are making sure all eventualities are planned for.

Good luck with your consultant appointment! Xx

Hi im under consultant care because i have a hight BMI,
When i have been she talks about the growth scans (which are ahead) and then tells me that she wants me to have the baby natuarlly and not induce because they can more often result in a c section and they dont want to do that unless they have to. She is very nice and goes through why they want to leave me to do my own thing etc so if they think a c section would be better they would explain in lots of detail why.
They are not there to force you to have anything done tho they will just tell you what they think is best and its up to you to decide if thats what you want to do.

I have my next (and hopefully final) appointment on the 17th 2 days before my DD to get an induction date if LO hasn't made its own way by then.

Afraid iv no idea what to expect just wanted to say good luck hope it goes well hun :)

I have consultant tomorrow, no idea what to expect either, saw him at 17 weeks and he just said see you again at 30 weeks to discuss when to stop some medication i'm on.

Hope it goes well today hun. xx

I'm under consultant care but to be honest they don't do a huge amount. Its normally a quick discussion about what you would like and what they think is best. BP, urine and babies hb. Bit boring really. lol. x

Good luck though. x

Have you had it yet? Hope it was/is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back