Constipation

monkeycharmer

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm really sorry for TMI but I really need help with this. I have been seriously constipated for weeks now. I'm only opening my bowels once a week or so and believe me it's not very substantial.

Can anyone offer any tips or advice??? I've been eating grapes and drinking a couple of glasses of prune juice a day - nothing's working.

Please help - I can't take anymore!!!

Mo x

Corn on the cob always works well for me!

I am fairly sure that Fybogel (which is stuff you buy from the chemists but is natural - I think corn husks) is safe in pregnancy - check with your chemist. It is an oral preparation (not a gel as the name suggests)!

Good luck - hope you're unbunged soon.

Ive suffered with really bad constipation and still am during my pregnancy as I have IBS normally anyway, my best tips are:

Increase your fibre intake as much as you can, plenty of fluids - water & orange juice are good. Also make sure you get some exercise.

If that fails (which it did with me) then see ur GP as there are treatments that are safe to use during pregnancy, ive been taking lactulose and also mini enemas which are safe in pregnancy.

I really sympathise with you hun :hug: hope you get it sorted x

Oh you're not alone on this one :oops:

I've just bought some of those Senokot High-Fibre drinks, Hopefully, that should shift it :wink:

It's very normal and usually returns later in pregnancy too!! Keep to a high fibre diet, try to eat foods that are 'fortified' keep up your fluid intake and if things persist see the GP she can prescribe laxatives for you and being preggy the prescriptions are free - that way you know your taking something that's 100% safe! What ever you do, don't sit there and strain to go it can lead to prolapsed bowls, piles and tears. They say not to read in the loo and aim to be in and out in around a minute.

i know that some women experience spotting, but last time i had spotting in the morning, by the evening i was in hosptial having miscarried. Just wondering how normal it is and if i should rest up, wud talk 2 docs but typically its saturday and my surgery isnt open! did any of you experience spotting at this stage?

I have the same trouble babes. I suffer from IBS and usually have constant diarrhoea, so this constapation thing is all new to me.

I have just been drinking plently of water and fruit juice, eating loads of fruit, thick lental soup and load of pickles. It seems to be doing the trick for me although not very plesent. :oops: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back