Really bad constipation (tmi post)

kra0

Reaction score
Please help ladies.. Ok so I've been constipated for about 3 weeks now and when I finally do poo it's quite large and hard so my bum bleeds :blush: I have been to the docs and had a little Hemorrhoid which she gave me cream for. But I don't think that's what's bleeding! It's sooo sore to go to the toilet and then for hours after. I went back and she gave me mild laxatives which don't agree with my stomach as I bring them straight back up. I've tried everything, even orange juice which usually gives me the runs lol I don't know what to do anymore and I'm sure the constipation will only get worse as my pregnancy goes on xxxx

I'd drink loads of fruit juice/smoothies, try spinach and fresh orange, hopefull that will get things moving...

Good Luck! :)

xx

Prune juice.....but get ready for the explosion lol!

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Prune juice is meant to be good, i cant stand the stuff, i manage once a week to ten days and it hurts but ive tried loads and nothing works for me, hope it does for you xxxx

fybogel! completely safe and gentle and tastes ok too

Thanks girlies! I think I'll try the prune juice next and hopefully things get moving lol!
Princess, unfortunately it's the lactulose that doesn't agree with me for some reason! I took it a total of 3 times and each time resulted in me throwing up (the severe morning sickness could have played a part too though) xxxx

Ah ok :) prune juice may be your way forward then

o no i had the same got so upset and said to my hubby how the hell am i gonna be able to push a baby out when i cant even manage to push a number 2 out lol - iv been drinking fresh orange juice in the morning and a glass in the evening and everything seems to be ok now x

Make sure you keep really hydrated and maybe try another laxative if you can't tolerate lactulose. Even though senna tablets are very mild they might be worth taking just as an extra help!

The bleeding will probably just be strain on your bum, so try not to worry! I have this problem too sometimes :blush:

Things for constipation:
-Fybogel
-Calfig
-Prunes
-Plenty of green veg
-Fibre
-OJ
-Going for a walk to encourage bowel movement
-Massaging the stomach
-You could try asking at the chemist if you can get movicol over the counter, which you just add to water
-Senna
-If it goes on for a week, you may be able to get some suppositories...

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head- I work with the elderly lol!!

Speaking of suppositories I'm going to nab some from work before I'm due so I can pop them in when I first go into labour so I can go to the toilet before pushing the baby out haha!

^^ I might do the same!!! The thought of pooing mid-labour terrifies me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back