Constipated

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Phoebe hasn't pooed for coming up to 2 days now. I gave her 2 bottles of water with a bit of gripe water in it yesterday and one bottle today and still nothing :(
Plus she either seems to be sleeping, feeding or crying all the time.
I've put vaseline on her to try and ease it for when she does go. But is there anything else I can do? Plus how long should I leave it before taking her to the docs? x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I was recommended 2ozs of cool water with two teaspoons of pure orange juice with no bits but not the concentrated stuff, like tropicana. Worked a treat on my LO within a few hours. She was struggling to pass poo and when she did it was in small bumbles and she was rally straining but this mixture made it much easier for her.

I was recommended 2ozs of cool water with two teaspoons of pure orange juice with no bits but not the concentrated stuff, like tropicana. Worked a treat on my LO within a few hours. She was struggling to pass poo and when she did it was in small bumbles and she was rally straining but this mixture made it much easier for her.

We do this if it gets really bad, it does work and Grace didnt need to drink much of it

She only drank an oz and it had the desired effect.

I was told exactly the same when Tegan was tiny & suffered with constipation, it really did help! also look on youtube for sun & moon massage found that very affective xx

Brody goes 2 days without quite frequently tbh but the HV said not to worry unless he looks distressed. As long as there are plenty of wet nappies to show he's hydrated. Tummy massage usually gets it sorted when does need to shift it. xx

Hurrah! Thanks for the advise ladies she went last night and is making up for it today by already doing 2 dirty nappies!
She was getting so distressed with it, screaming and straining :( glad she's sorted out now xx

Glad she is sorted hun. We have had to use the water and OJ mix tonight as E is really struggling today. Keeps going red & straining then only manages a little botty pop. Not looking forward to the midnight nappy!!

My LO goes every 3 days and I can pretty much time when she is gona have a poo! Everyone thinks im mad but bang on cue she poo's haha....I went to the gp and she said as long as she isnt in any discomfort or her tummy looks swelled then not to worry.....adults go for days without a poo so babies can be the same.

s
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back