Constipated Remedy Ideas

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
My poor lil girl is now constipated. She has managed to squeeze out two lil pebbly poops so far today and has so far carried on straining, grunting and crying since 6.30 this morning. I have been giving her cooled boiled water for 3 days now and it doesn't seem to be working. Any other suggestions?

I have some Tropicana in the fridge that I am tempted to put a lil bit in her bottle but then I am scared I will end up giving her the runs instead!

x

when I switched tegan to the lactofree formula she suffered with constipation.

I was told to dilute 1 tea spoon of orange juice in 2 oz of water it really did help xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Thanks ZMD, I will give it a go. How long after you gave her the juice and water did it take to work? Was it a few hours or days? I have no idea about this stuff lol x

I was going to say cooled boiled water hun as that always works for my LO xxx

I read that with giving oj to make sure its pure and not from concentrate as its too acidic for their little tummys xx

Tropicana is pure isnt it? Don't think its concentrated? Will go have a look at the bottle now actually x

Kayla has suffered with this and even worse since starting the gaviscon

when she was screaming with the pain from it i went to the chemist and he gave me a bottle of lactoluse and said call out of hours doc to make sure dose was ok, i did and sait was completely safe, she was only 3 weeks at the time, it worked well and try stay on top of it with 6 oz of water a day, he did say not to give any sort of juice under 6 months

the other thing he said was to put vaseline on her bum and put my little finger in and hold it there for 20 seconds but i was too scared id hurt her so didnt try it

Tropicana is fine as long as its smooth. I was told 2 teaspoons of OJ in 2 ozs of water by my MW. Worked a treat on my LO and we had some great nappies within 12 hrs. She was much better after though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back