Constipated since on solids!Urgent reply needed, pls!

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Daniel is very constipated since on solids! He used to poo every day, and he hasnt done anything for 2 days! I can see, he is constipated, cos he is making grunting noses, and is flexing his tummy, like trying to have a poo, but he cant!
He wouldnt drink water, so today I gave him some diluted warm baby apple juice (Hipps).
And he is teething as well, so poor little bubs is not feeling very well at all! Is there anything I can do to stop him being constipated? (Tummy massage does not help. I heard about diluted prune juice, but I think he is too small for that)

At this time he is usually fast asleep, but all he does now is crying. :cry:

When he is trying to move his bowels move his legs like he is riding a bicycle and also leave his nappy off and rub his bum with some vaseline or a baby wipe. Hope this helps, this helped my little girl go when she was constipated.

If water isnt helping you could try some Lactulose?

tlc1974 said:
When he is trying to move his bowels move his legs like he is riding a bicycle and also leave his nappy off and rub his bum with some vaseline or a baby wipe. Hope this helps, this helped my little girl go when she was constipated.

Thanks for your reply!
I already was doing the bicycle stuff will try with the vaseline next time.
Thankfully, he just had a poo :pray: Going to go and change him!

Any problems in future give him pure orange juice diluted one part to 6 or weetabix also seems to work rather well.....!

Minime said:
Any problems in future give him pure orange juice diluted one part to 6 or weetabix also seems to work rather well.....!

Should I give him fresh orange juice or from packets? :hug:

He's still quite young for solids - is it worth giving it a break for a couple of weeks (I was told definitely no solids til 17 weeks, ideally not til 26 weeks, although I know some people disagree with this) - maybe his tummy just isn't mature enough?

Valentine Xxx

valentine said:
He's still quite young for solids - is it worth giving it a break for a couple of weeks (I was told definitely no solids til 17 weeks, ideally not til 26 weeks, although I know some people disagree with this) - maybe his tummy just isn't mature enough?

Valentine Xxx

Yes, I was thinking about that. I am just wondering is it ok to stop when already started? Apart from constipation, he is fine, and he loves it! Today I gave him fruit puree mixed with milk, approx half to half, and he had about 3 teaspoons and has been fine.

I'm not sure Carina - I think trixipaws stopped and started a bit until her baby was older (I think she started about 16/17 weeks though) so it might be worth asking her for some advice?

I know he loves it, but there's loads of info out there about why you definitely shouldn't wean until at least 17 weeks. Here's a leaflet for you to have a read of from the Department of Health. I know Mummy knows best (and I'm a strong believer in this), but occassionally there is research and info to back up the 'official' way of doing things. If I was you, I would hold off and up his milk feeds or put him onto hungry baby milk (unless he is still b/feeding)- it could just be a growth spurt - I've certainly mistaken growth spurts and teething symptoms both for weaning signs - but I've just rode it out and eventually normality and calm is restored!

However, its important to know that I'm not medically trained and this is just my opinion - I would strongly encourage you to talk to your HV asap too.

Good luck Carina

Valentine Xxx

I talked to hv, and they said its fine and gave me a brochure on weaning :? Well, I skipped his solids today. So, we will see. If I am going to give them, I will mix it with milk much more. :) I did that yesterday, and he was fine. :cheer:

Carina said:
Minime said:

HV told me pure orange so I used to get him the fresh stuff from the fridges (i.e. not from concentrate) I'm sure the pure orange cartons are fine so long as they're diluted :)

Minime said:
Carina said:
Minime said:

HV told me pure orange so I used to get him the fresh stuff from the fridges (i.e. not from concentrate) I'm sure the pure orange cartons are fine so long as they're diluted :)

Thanks hun! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back