Juice?

Beth&Archer

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great crimbo and new year!

Archer is now nearly 13 weeks and he's been struggling with his poops the last week or so. Whereas before he would poop a few times a day, he is now struggling to do one every 3 days. I know anything up to once a week is considered normal with a BF baby but he does seem to be straining alot and his colic is no better (if not even worse than usual).

The last couple of days I have been giving him diluted prune & grape juice (diluted 1 part juice to 1 part water) and he loves it!!!

So what I want to know is how much can I give him? He weighs 10lb9oz at last weigh in (last week). I have just given him 2oz juice with 2oz water and he still wanted more afterwards. I would like to continue giving him juice once a day at least because I feel as if its a good way of bridging the gap between now and putting him on solid food but I am worried about giving him too much or too often?

He has been exclusively breastfeeding since birth. Any advice or info greatly recieved.

Cheers

I would just be careful. Juice or water is empty calories and may affect his feeding. I personally wouldn't give any extra fluids whilst you are exclusively breastfeeding as he will get all the fluids he needs from your breastmilk. Perhaps just keep it for when he is constipated??? I started giving Seren water when she began eating solids as she wasn;t feeding as much.

Hi

I agree , my doc told me to try the prune juice for a day twice if it didnt work then come back.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back